Mega Thread: The 430 Replacement (F450, F500, etc) | Page 49 | FerrariChat

Mega Thread: The 430 Replacement (F450, F500, etc)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by marknkidz, Aug 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Well, they have an easy way to fix that - they just post-date their issues. The magazine that comes out in April, with information that might have been current in March, will be dated June.

"Get off my lawn." I like that.

2. WyattH

WyattH Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Wyatt Hanson
    Well, I don't think the Murci looks like the Diablo. Maybe similar proportions and both are outrageous. But the 575 and 599 both have long hoods and look classy... So, similar pattern IMO.
    The F430 is an updated 360 - so that model was out for 10 years. Doesn't seem fresh to me (I am not discounting the F430, it's a great car!!!).

What does the Gallardo copy?

I think you guys just don't like Lamborghini because they are stepping on Ferrari toes these days. That's fine, but the reasons thrown out don't make a lot of sense.

3. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    The Gallardo body look was there long time before Luc took over. I used to have a magazine with a Jalpa rebody that looked very close to the Gallardo, also I read from a Lamborghini article something about it and it showed the red car I'm referring about.

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I wonder how many similarities the F430 replacement will or will not have to the Fioravanti SP1.

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    C&D is rubbish, I agree. But Octane is brilliant. I don't need tomorrow's news in a magazine, but I doubt print mags will go away altogether.

Actually, I think the Gallardo is better looking than the 360/F430. The Murci and Gallardo look very similar to me, until you open the doors, and the Gallardo follows the Countach pretty closely (except for the '80s wings and flares).

The Diablo does look different.

6. MaleficVTwin

MaleficVTwin F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Matt

I hope not. I don't have internet in my bathroom. ;o

7. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    #1207 Tarek K., Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Not perfect but we should be so lucky as to have it look like that...

9. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Im curious if you have professional design background as that statement is just ludicrous.

10. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Looks like an ugly evolution of a Gallardo.

11. MaleficVTwin

MaleficVTwin F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Really? I thought it looked like a Maser.

12. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC

yeah... or a Fisker Karma... but then again, it's the Karma that looks like the Maserati GT.. :)

13. ACross32

ACross32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    Bay Shore, NY, USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Not even close...those are some third-party renderings from months ago (not that they're all that bad, but it's a design exercise, not an official release or leak).

14. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Well......it's red, that's a similarity.

Nothing else matches. Roofline, rear roof curve, openings -- they're all way off from the spy photo. Looks like one of those "Car Design College" renderings.

15. WyattH

WyattH Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Wyatt Hanson
    #1215 WyattH, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
    Do not like - too crazy. Has the Saleen Raptor headlights, a Maser grill, etc. Crazy.

Some of you are just nuts, saying X and Y cars look alike. Are you serious?
    How do those PS images look like a Gallardo??? The PS has round large fenders, a single round large grill, round tail lights, a sloped rear window, etc etc... Nothing like the Gallardo, angles or proportions or details!

16. RBG

RBG Karting

Jan 18, 2009
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RBG
    i think some of the last rendering look quite good, although the front end has the look/feel of a lotus...

17. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm lost, I don't see any connection of the Countach to the Gallardo.

Get a laptop. ;)

18. MaleficVTwin

MaleficVTwin F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Matt
    LOL. I'd never leave then.

19. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Tarek, this is the "Concept 2008" by designer Luca Serafini.

20. intouch1

intouch1 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    Egypt

your ''source'' does not seem to know a whole lot about fewwawi.......these renderings are ancient.

21. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Haha...yep, definitely a ferrari concept created by a student. Im not saying its ugly, but it can use some work. Just my 2 cents

22. daviddavid

daviddavid Formula Junior

May 17, 2005
    WOW That has a lot of promise. Some of the PF drawings I have seen for the 550 etc suggest that the designs always get wattered down. I hope not in this case. It would be nice to have a good looking Ferrari again.

Having said that, I would like to see a pretty car, but it ain't goin to happen. Cars have to be agressive these days it seems.

Reading some of the comments I wonder why people often dwell on the detailing rather than taking in the form, stance, line etc first.

23. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    Actually, I like it. It has a lot of 250 in it for me, just updated.

24. psw

psw Formula 3

Nov 17, 2005
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #1224 psw, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The Auto Express spy photos we have all seen, IMO they have been set up or leaked by Ferrari themselves, they are trickle feeding us to get the interest really going prior to release at Frankfurt, all manufacturers leak details or even show you pre release photos, so why not Ferrari, especially in these challenging economic times.

I also think the black photoshop rendering is very close to the actual car, maybe the front spoiler is a little different and wheels obviously, but otherwise this is very close to it.

I also think most have got it wrong on 4.5L, I have heard it will be 4.7L like the Maserati block, I also seem to recall Jim (Napolis) saying something like this some time back. That begs the question will it actually be F450 as everyone suggests or F470 or something else. Bring on Frankfurt. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon

Personally, I don't know what the hell is going on. Ferrari have a new car, and I can assure you all will be reviled in time. It's not too far off that the covers will be pulled off and everybody will be shocked or bored. Lets hope it's the former.

I really don't think these photos are being leaked by Ferrari themselves, for a few reasons. For one, a photographer was flipped off taking a photo by the test driver and its not like we've seen photo after photo. Just a select few. Ferrari don't need to get any word out - we know and so does the world, that Ferrari are very significant and their products are something to be thrilled by. From the numbers, Ferrari didn't hurt much from these "economic times."

What ever this car really is, we know its something special.... New design, new engine, and above all, new performance...

http://image.internetautoguide.com/f/auto-news/2010-ferrari-f450-500hp-test-drive-in-sweden-spied/17915025+cr1+re0+ar1/2010-ferrari-f450-test-drive.jpg
    http://www.globalmotors.net/ferrari-f450-prototype-spied-with-new-modifications/ferrari-f450-mule-5/

In these two photos, you see the front wheel well curve irregularly at the top, which only tells me the front overhang is going to be a whole lot shorter. I think there is so much tech crammed into the front end, Ferrari slap a F430 bumper over it just to cover the electrical work.

_J