UEFA Champions League (Possible Spoiler) | FerrariChat

UEFA Champions League (Possible Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tfazio, Feb 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    #1 tfazio, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
    Any watching the games this week? If so who are you pulling for? I am a huge Liverpool fan and am extremely happy with today's outcome.

2. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Love the Champions League. United fan here, kinda unfortunate that we did not come out of Italy with a win or away goal but doesn't matter because we will repeat again this year in the league and Europe.

3. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
    An away goal, from Benayoun with Gerrard out.

Too bad I only can read the commentary. Is there any place where I can stream (audio or video) of the matches?

4. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    definitely watching, perhaps favoring Barca.....

5. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    You can use Espn360.com for free if you have certain ISPs. Or I sometimes use www.live-footy.org

6. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    +1 Utd absolutley trounced Inter just didn't score, which is amazing given the amount of chances they had.

7. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Another great day for the Reds. Gerrard and Torres played great.

8. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I didnt get to see the game but Bayern Munich trashed Sporting Lisbon. 12-1 AGGREGATE?!?!?!?!?!?! Sporting is a decent team, but they were just terrorized by the Germans.

9. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    FORZA INTER!

I'm waiting for my jersey to arrive from Italy as well, hopefully b4 the game is on :eek:

10. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    :) How bout my Red Devils today, completely and utterly dominated, not to mention Mr. Woo D. Work was our best friend today.

Balotelli has got to learn to shut up, trying to mouth off Ronaldo is just foolish.

11. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Didn't go well For Manchester United yesterday night against Porto :(. They HAVE to win next week in Porto and no English team has ever done that.

12. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

I've never been much of a Utd fan, beyond them being English. Porto for sure deserved at least the tie. As to beating them away, if anyone can, Sir Alex can - Should be another great game!

Chelski -v- Liverpool in a few hours - If you only watch one soccer game this year, that would probably be a good choice!

[With apologies to the purists for using "soccer" - I'm in the States....]

Cheers,
    Ian

13. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Well, they could get a 3-3 tie :)

14. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Very true, there aren't many mangers that i would rather have in charge for a big game than Sir Alex.

Scores so far: liverpool 1-0 Chelsea and Barcalona 2-0 Beyern Munich

P.S. I don't hold you to saying soccer. lol.

15. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Yes that is another option but as a Utd fan i'd feel much safer with just 1-0 thank you. lol. If the scores started to get big then the heart would start pumping fast.

16. DJS

DJS Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Two good games last night, Barcelona are just so scintilating going forward, a real pleasure to watch. Chelsea's forgotten man Ivanovic pops up with two headers, looks like he is finally getting some playing time under Hiddink - its about time, his reputation in Serbia is that hes a better player than Vidic who has probably been the best CB in England this season (save for a few mind meltdowns!)

You can never write Man Utd off...as much as I don't like them, they fight to the end and the tie is far from over, even without English teams ever winning at Porto.

17. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I think it is safe to say that Liverpool is out of now. I am pretty disappointed. Chelsea played great though. I hope Liverpool can get their act together and still make a run at the premier league title.

18. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Final Scores: Liverpool 1-3 Chelsea
    Barcalona 4-0 Beyern Munich

It's a big ask for Liverpool to score 3 goals at Stamford Bridge, but thats what they have to do and i think Chelsea and Barca are almost defferently through now. Arsenal looking good with an away goal, Man Utd have to do alot but if anyone can...... they can.

19. cmack

cmack Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Germany

Sorry, but it's still Barcelona vs. Bayern (although I don't like any of the two teams)

Otherwise the other game would be Leverpool vs. Chelskea

20. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    WOW!! It's like Liverpool didn't want to win yesterday!! Like they took the victory for granted and didn't need to play for it! Sham on them!

winning 3-0 away against Chelsea is impossible.

Congrats to Chelsea and their supporters.

21. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Nothing is impossible. If Chelsea doesn't field their best squad and think the game is already won, I would not be surprised if Liverpool scored 2 or 3. Certainly stranger things have happened and though rather unlikely I would not count out Liverpool.

22. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I don't know what you mean?

23. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Chelsea are through to the quarter finals after winning against Liverpool on agg 7-5 (4-4 on the night). They will play Barcelona after they won against Bayern Munich. Man Utd play tonight. Should be intresting, lets see what happens.

24. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    And what a match it was! - More like a hockey score! - Awesome stuff. I *love* two leg matches - Can really open things up.

Looking forward to Utd later today.

These guys are *good* - Anyone who says soccer is boring simply doesn't understand (IMHO).

Cheers,
    Ian

25. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Indeed.