Well, it's been fun.. | FerrariChat

Well, it's been fun..

Discussion in 'Texas' started by TurboTodd, Apr 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
    To quote Churchill - "There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction."

After spending 5+ years in the retail trenches for my company, receiving numerous accolades (Manager Of The Year, etc.), reinventing my leadership style, and re-evaluating my career path, I have been promoted to our corporate headquarters in Brentwood, TN.

I wanted to take moment to thank the members of the Texas region for their hospitality during my stay here, with specific mention of the following-

Tillman- Thank you for allowing a stranger to sit in your car at the 2006 Italian Carfest, and allowing the same stranger to give his wife a ride around the block in it while at one of Nicola's F1 watching parties.

Don & Carolyn- Thank you for the hospitality you extended Nancy, Emily, Aidyn, and myself over the past couple of years. The parties at your home for the races were always a high point to the F1 season. The hair-clip exchange at the USGP speaks volumes of your character.

Will & Farmer Dave- Thanks for the automotive conversations, the new car show trips, and for you Dave, "Boomer Sooner"

Nicola & Giorgio, David K., and Jano- Thank you as well for the entertaining conversations, and inviting us into your home for the watching parties.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the events over the past 5 years, and those who I have met that I did not mention here as well. My wife and daughters will miss the people and events that this area has introduced us to, and will miss the gatherings in the future. Luckily Rob's playground has no borders, and I hope to slip into the Tennessee area forum and find the same camaraderie exhibited by those from Texas. I drive out Sunday, family will follow in June. Hey.. did you know Road Atlanta is only a 4 hour drive from Nashville? http://www.roadatlanta.com/event_detail.lasso?-Token.eventfile=ev_ferrari.lasso&-Token.id=33

Thanks for making this Okie feel welcome, and we'll see you down the road..

Todd, Nancy, Emily and Aidyn Milliken

2. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Congrats Todd!!

It's good to see that hard work still pays off!!

Good luck with the move and new position.

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Congrats and good luck! I'm sure you'll find a similar group of crazies up there. Enjoy the banjos :)

4. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Todd & Family,

Hopefully it's not goodbye but rather, see you again down the road! F1 get togethers won't be the same without you.

Congrats on the promotion and transfer... the The WS Pikeys were ready to take over your campsite anyway.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything during the transition.

Dave

5. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Way to go Todd.

We will miss you and Nancy, and those cute kids!

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    That's excellent news Todd, I wish you & Nancy all the best on your new endeavor.

7. Indypits

Indypits Karting

Jun 1, 2005
    TX
    Full Name:
    Carolyn
    #7 Indypits, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. MAXIMUM810

MAXIMUM810 Karting

Oct 25, 2004
    Best of luck to you and the family, Todd! Don't forget to chime in every once in a while!

9. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Congratulations and Best of Luck!

Once a Texan, always a Texan.:)

10. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Todd..
    You cracked me up at the Dallas Car show and your knowledge of F1 (and courage to wear a Mclaren shirt at the final watching party) will be missed.

But you got to what what you got to do.

Stop by to drive the Boxer before you go.

11. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Todd, Nancy and the kiddos best of luck to you all in Tenn. Make sure that you visit the Texas section once in a while to keep us posted on your progress. We are all confident that you will do well.

12. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
    Thanks everyone for the words.. David, between now and the final move in June, I will take you up on that offer.. Hopefully I will be in town on an F1 race weekend, and I can attend. This afternoon, I'm watching the replay with a group here in Brentwood (meetup.com) with Nancy on the cell phone watching at home.

In the meantime, check out some of my photos from yesterday at Road Atlanta-

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240206

13. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
  14. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004