'95 F512M for $129K @ Steve Harris? | FerrariChat

'95 F512M for $129K @ Steve Harris?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by jjmalez, Apr 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Hello,

There were a couple F512M's in recent Ferrari Market Letter for $220K+ Anyone know anything about this TR? Never seen one @ this price before. Not at a Ferrari dealership.

Joe

2. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    I saw it a couple weeks ago on a brief visit. A gorgeous car, owned by a multi-Ferrari owning fanatic (F40, F50, 288 GTO in stable too). The 512TR I purchased there was owned and traded toward this M. They started the car, sounded remarkable. My visual overview was quick - since only curiosity - but the car appeared unblemished. Engine compartment spotless.

The car stood tall in the showroom amid modern, equally gleaming 'new' cars. I'd call Steven Call there OR Sean Harris (harder to get on the phone). I found them to be quite relaxed, very knowledgeable. Feel free to use my name if that helps, which could be a first.

3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Ahudson,

Your quote - "The 512TR I purchased there was owned and traded toward this M" - do you mean the same previous owner of your car owes this car as well ?

Thanks in advance

BTW - could it be a typo - is it really 129k or did they mean 229k

4. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The end of the world is near..

high mileage but thats a steal

5. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    that is a good price. when the economy was still firing on all cylinders, there was a 512M at FOW offered in the mid 140's with 36K miles. probably could have gone down a little from there. it needed a major though. this car sure seems like a better deal.

6. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    #6 GaryReed, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
    I've got nothing but good things to say about Sean Harris at Steve Harris Imports. I bought my 550 from him last summer.

It was by far, the VERY BEST experience that I have ever had, in buying a car from a dealership.

7. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Yes, that's right. He had owned 'my' car previously, and had the hots for an M, eventually trading the 512TR toward this car. 'My' car actually got resold to an interim customer between us. I throw that in as background; apparently Harris sells and trades a bit among trusting clientele.

So, the owner of the M, as I understand, is a quite well-heeled, regular trader within his collection. Worth a call to them. Emails were actually slower and less informative.

8. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Thanks for clarification