Waiting List? | FerrariChat

Waiting List?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by LouB, Apr 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    How real is the waiting list? I have a friend who decided to get one a few months ago, just spec'ed it out and is scheduled for delivery 7/1. He had previously bought one new F car from the same dealer.

2. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    are there any California's for sale in the U.S.? How much over sticker?

3. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Possibly waiting list...... as in "Wait right here while I get the key for you!"

4. ARED4RE

ARED4RE Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    I suppose it could be different at every dealer but a dealer here in California has over 100 orders each backed by $20,000 refundable deposit checks. That has to be a 2+ year waiting list; all cars at MSRP.

5. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    Interesting. Do you know that as a fact or is that the story from someone else. Hard to figure out how real these waiting lists are. I have been pestered by 2 dealers to place an order.

6. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Because of where I live, I am supposed to go through Lake Forest Sports Cars and they told me there is no waiting list. Tell me what dealers are offering a wait list and I'll call them

7. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I don't get it.
    You prefer to be on the waiting list??

8. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    yeah, the waiting list assures you a car, allows you to pick the options you want and most importantly, allows you to buy at the sticker price.

9. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

lou. ask them to please put you on their "no call list" a long w/ the other telemarketers. lol

10. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    This doesn't make any sense... So are you saying that a dealer with no waiting list does not assure you of a car and charges above MSRP, whereas a dealer with waiting list does not??! Or am I getting my wires very crossed... :)

11. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    For example Lake Forest says they don't have a waiting list, so I wouldn't be able to get a car from them unless they had an unsold one in stock, which probably isn't going to happen. Most likely what they would have is a used car with 800 or so miles on it and be charging $30k over sticker and it may not have the options I want. Dealerships cannot charge above MSRP for a new car (or so they tell me).

12. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Ah - so you're saying that some of these dealers with 'no waiting list' just place their cars with favored customers? I think some of the comments made in this thread relate to dealers who have no waiting list, not because they place their cars, but because they don't have the customers for them in the first place...