400i Workshop Manual | FerrariChat

400i Workshop Manual

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Ed Niles, Apr 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    I recently sold on eBay a workshop manual, print no. 338/85, blue cover, which appeared to be original. Now the buyer wants to rescind the deal, claiming it's a repro. Are there reprints that have the blue cover??

2. timthetooth

timthetooth Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    Yes, I have one purchased from Eurospares a few years ago. I have an original parts book, the difference is the parts book has a blue loose leaf folder with white printed script to the front, and the copy has a plain blue folder with a paper title page inserted under the front cover clear plastic outer sleeve.

Tim

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Generally I believe they are printed in white on the blue cover which has four rings - for example Item number: 150336547563 - does this sounds like the one you sold ?

4. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I would think someone here would buy it & have no problems if it were a repro. The written word is the written word. Now if someone is trying to make a killing off of it, or as part of their high $$ library, well then.........
    I'd call the manual back, refund the i***t, & let us owners (who really appreciate it for what it is) grab it.
    I'm out cause I already have a repro........& 'loooove it!'

5. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    I have one and was going to put it on ebay. along with owners Manual and 3 factory air filters.
    Thanks,
    Bill

6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Many of the manuals are still available from Ferrari but are a second (or third) printing and have the look of a cheap copy. The first printings have much better, heavier paper better pictures, graphics etc.

7. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    not a factory copy, any idea of what the value might be?
    Thanks,
    Bill

8. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Not really too much. Very few are interested in a first gen for any but early cars and especially a model that was not too popular anyway. I am one of the very few I know or have seen buying 1st gen books of that vintage and I have passed on quite a few 400 books at $200.

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There's a big collection being broken, as the owner died. mr_seeker is handling it.

I was after the 208Turbo Parts Binder on behalf of Glick, and was sniped at $51.00

I notice Ferrariliterature gets between $150 and $200 for these binders.

But then they ask $3,495.oo for my Owners Pounch and all books (1977 308GTB)..

I started aThread in here as there were several 400 Manuals in the auction...he is going thru the Bugatti Sales brochures this week.....

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    So $200 or so just have been my prebid?

I don't understand how to go against these sniper software...

You should have seen JRVs books, I guess they were tossed away.

11. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I have seen many of the manuals go for a pretty good sum, but not 400i. There is very little if any demand.