Scuderia over msrp | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Scuderia over msrp

Discussion in '360/430' started by havoc, Feb 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amirgt2

amirgt2 Karting

Dec 11, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Amir
    Bobby, I think you are right on. I was offered an 08 with low miles for $260k and when I called around a few of my dealer contacts, they all told me that wholesale, IF you could even find a dealer who was a willing buyer, is around $230k and sinking......Retail was around $245k to $250k. Needless to say, I'm holding out.

Amir

2. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking

Great post! Agree 100%. If you have more brains than money buy now who cares. I am planning on waiting till next spring when I will be in the market for mine and think retail will be $225 or less on them by then. At that price I will not care as much as $300k

3. Woojer

Woojer Karting
    BANNED

Feb 23, 2009
    If not, expect to find a really attractive used for under $200K.

4. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    The market is totally different these days (I think).

I'm not positive whether the F450/F500 (whatever it is called) is going to hit Scuderia prices as hard as predicted by some people here. The F430 was the replacement for the 360, but the Stradale held quite well. Indeed, today a Stradale has better resale value than an early F430 in the same conditions. A clean Stradale is not that far behind original MSRP, after 5 years and in this economy.

I think the 360 Modena and 360 Stradale were closer to each other, than the F430 is to the Scuderia. The Stradale is better car than the 360. The Scuderia is a much better car than the F430.

The Scuderia and F430 are radically different in every single aspect, the Scuderia is in my opinion the most focused road car today. It does everything my GT3 RS did, but better, including the steering feedback, brakes and suspension, which a lot of GT3 RS owners that own a regular F430 have identified as better features in the GT3 RS.

The Scuderia resembles the GT3 RS concept, which has been immune to any new Porsche, except a new GT3 RS itself. There should be a F450/F500 Scuderia/Stradale version in the future, but I doubt that we will see such car before 2012. I also doubt that the F450/F500 would be able to keep up with the Scuderia, Ferrari left around 120 lbs of extra weight in the Scuderia that can be easily removed, things that were so obvious that I think they did it on purpose. The alignment specs in the Scuderia are so wrong, that's it is like Ferrari purposely wanted to slow it down. It is going to be interesting when the right alignment settings and the 120 lbs ballast are removed.

5. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    Care to elaborate? Passenger seat should not count.

6. boraville

boraville Formula Junior

May 7, 2008
    Livingston, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bora Sultan
    Am I missing something?? They are cars! Of coure they are going to depreciate. You buy them, enjoy them, lose money. Thats how it works. If you cant afford the depreciation, dont buy the car. Want to be frugal, buy an R8. The Scuderia is probably the most coveted production car available. If you are one of the lucky few that can swing it and not sacrifice your kids education, enjoy it!

And to answer the question Suderia and MSRP, if you can afford (and I mean really afford) a $300k car, you do not care about $20k. Thats 7%. Thats tax in my state.

B

7. mikebrinda

mikebrinda Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 21, 2008
    +1 to Boraville!

Mike

8. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #33 dmark1, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
    As a continuation of this thread what does is the estimate in 12 months for the 16M? Do you think one will be bought for $240 - 250K then? I might would trade my CS + cash for one
    if I could pull it off ....

Mark

9. Woojer

Woojer Karting
    BANNED

Feb 23, 2009
    I'd bet on it.

10. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    The scuds only comparison is the Challenge Stradalle, they were 170's when new .. and they are at the same numbers today. Granted at some point they were selling for 300k ...
    I just can't believe a scud at 200 or less in a year or two..... but then again ... who knows...

11. smthkat789

smthkat789 Karting

Feb 29, 2008
    #36 smthkat789, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
    You see ferrariads, white 16m for 475k

12. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Amir, sounds like you have to pass the crack pipe to the left! LOL. ;)

With all due respect, all this talk about dealers saying that wholesale is $230,000 and ....I can buy wholesale...prices are sinking fast and..others saying that they can buy in two months for $200,000. What's next... spring 2010 will be $80,000 and the year after that it will be free etc. I still see dealers asking $280,000 and selling prices look to be very close to that. Show us your purchase for $230,000 and then I will believe what you are saying but, for now all this talk of Scuderia prices being $230,000 is pie in the sky.

Please don't take it personally, but I have heard too many people talk about Gallardo's LP 560's selling for $160,000 to Scuderia's now being $230,000 but when I go to any authorized dealer with these prices they look at me like I am smoking the crack pipe myself. :)

Kind regards

13. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    YOU ARE RIGHT.... mkt is tight but they are not giving them out either .... every car that arrives at FOFL sales in a couple of days for sticker and maybe you could neg. 10k off... but what is that on a 300 k car 3% ??? doest it matter if you are paying 300 k .. ? since I dont have the money ... I can't tell .. but I believe NOT. and ... yes there are a few lower than that but then again have 1000 o 2000 miles ... and we all know that minimal millage affects ferraris .. I was with a friend at PRESTIGe in Miami and LP560 have a deep discount . you could get an 09 for 50/60 k under sticker .. make your own numbers ! as for the SCUDS who knows where will they end up .. I believe that from and investment standpoint older cars are better .. too many 360s and 430s produced ... there are just too many out there ... only at FOFL they have like 14 of them .. it looks like is the only ferrari .... !! so those cars will keep going down .. but scuds and stradalles will alway be more exclusive .. and I believe even more so the stradalle .. only 350 in the USA against maybe potentially 750 to 1000 scuds ?? IF you have the money who cares ... one guy said that .. if you have 280 k laying around and don't need them to pay bills or your kids school ... then what the ..h.... just get it drive the doors out of it ... of any ferrari for that matter .... at the end of the day we will not take a dime with us ... unless off course if you want to be the wealthiest guy in the cemetery ... but believe me .... i dont cara how much your wife loves you .... she will not put a penny on your box when you go ... so ... if you have it ENJOY IT HAVE FUN. !!

14. BJMoravek

BJMoravek Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    Boondocks, Maryland
    ????????????????????

15. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    If you can afford and want it - buy it.
    If you're concerned about depreciation - don't buy it.
    If you want to minimize depreciation - buy it in a few months.
    If you want to minimize depreciation more - buy it in a year.

:)

16. smthkat789

smthkat789 Karting

Feb 29, 2008
    #41 smthkat789, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    If you were offered a car for $260k you should've taken it(low miles,"A" class car is under 1000 miles).
    CURRENT wholesale in California for a "A" car is between $250- 255k now and trending higher NOT LOWER.
    Retail for these cars is $25-30k higher.
    Dealers are just getting the last allocation (smallest to date) and that is it,replacement for the 430 is not coming in until late Spring 2010 at least,Scuderia replacement much,much later (2012?,2013?,even later?).
    $230k wholesale is only realistic on cars with 6k+ miles.

18. GCP

GCP Rookie

Jan 18, 2009
    Columbia, SC, USA
    Full Name:
    Gary C. Pennington
    I think all of you are overthinking the issue. To me, these cars are art. I try not to stress over the value issue and depreciation issue. I think I have overpaid for every car I have ever purchased, and there have been many. When I think of limited production high performance cars, I think of opportunity to own something special. When I get to purchase my first Ferrari, a new 430 Scud, at MSRP, I think I am lucky. I have already had over 300K of life experiences driving my car at speed on the track, around town, and just sitting in my garage. I love it. If the value goes down, who cares. I'm not shopping for a Toyota. Live is short, and I intend to enjoy every moment, even if above market. I would pay MSRP again anyday to have this car. I have owned many, and it is the top!

19. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    That about sums it up,great post.
    I am too getting sick and tired of complaints from some folks here bemoaning their Ferrari lost 10% or so in value.
    What?
    They expect to drive it for free??
    If they can't take some heat they buy the wrong car (still much better resale then any other car).

20. BJMoravek

BJMoravek Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    Boondocks, Maryland
    They're a dime a dozen in Germany right now. Problem is the warranty's voided upon import into U.S....

21. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Ah... nope.

Most stradales stickered around $190-210k+. Don't believe me? Look in FerrariAds link at top in the 8 cylinder section. You will see a red with stripe for sale with a picture of the original sticker at $202k before taxes. That same car is for sale right now at $160k with no takers (down from $175k a few weeks ago).

That is 20%+ below MSRP and they will continue to fall... still much better than normal 360's and even 430's but to say Stradales are still going for MSRP is not accurate.

I do believe they will remain more resilient than normal production variants. 360 and 430 are at or going towards 50% depreciation. Maybe the stradale's hold closer to 30-40% as anyone who has driven them know they are great fun. That puts they leveling at $120-140K and who know what happens later.

If you buy my argument (which I admit is a guess), that would put Scud leveling at about $200k and it may happen quicker than the Strad because of the economy.

22. Woojer

Woojer Karting
    BANNED

Feb 23, 2009
    I tire of silly posts like this. Not everyone who buys exotic does so with a hole in their wallet, laughing along as the money falls out. Even the wealthiest of people don't enjoy pizzing money away, YMMV.

23. havoc

havoc Rookie

Apr 13, 2005
    Illinois
    I did purchase a new Scuderia back in February. Incredible car, very different than F430.

24. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    You misunderstood the post.
    The point was that every car depreciates,even exotics are no better then any Kia,Toyota or Ford.
    You buy the car,expect to lose $$, otherwise take the bus (way cheaper)