Ferrari Challenge April 16-19 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge April 16-19

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by atlantaman, Mar 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon Tibbett

Simon Tibbett Karting

Nov 7, 2007
    GA
    I will be there, actually working on Friday (I work for Road Atlanta) look for a Miata track car at one of the turns.

Is it 100% SURE the F1 and FXX cars will be there? CANNOT wait.

2. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    Simon, Will FCA members be able to get in Fri. ? Last year we got in, but some members were hassled ! The RD ATL tickets are for Sat and Sun.

3. Simon Tibbett

Simon Tibbett Karting

Nov 7, 2007
    GA
    I will find out for you!

4. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    F1 and FXX are coming, but not Historic Challenge. Of course, F430Challenge will be there.
    Mark

5. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
    Subscribed.. might be worth the drive down from Nashville for the weekend..

6. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    where is a ferrari friendly hotel, that will let you park your own ride?

7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Unless you want super-fancy back down in Atlanta, try the HI Express at Buford Mall. I have been staying there for years when I am doing Road Atlanta events. Nice, clean and near lots of stuff. As usual, I'll be there Thurs thru Sun. It's only about 15-20 min from the track which is a nice warm up drive.

8. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    #58 F355Bvc, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
    Does anyone know the answer to this question that several of us have been asking for the last month ? If you are NOT buying the 120/day tickets and are buying the regular tickets from RD ATL as many of us did last year, will we be able to enter on FRI. ? Surely someone out there must have the answer !!!! I find it hard to believe that RD ATL would actually turn down hard CASH for Friday entry !!! Simon, I thought you were going to find out about this ??!!!!!
    Is this some top secret project ?? MG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    i'll be there saturday!

10. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR

Vinny. Could always just attempt how it was done last year.

1) Go see the not-all-too-happy guy at the guard house.
    2) Tell him we are here with the VCFCOG (Vince Canipelli Ferrari Chapter of Georgia) and are there for "The Viewing"
    down by turn12............just like last year.

11. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    Yea, I just showed him my FCA card and told him that we has permission to go in !!!

12. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Just found out that we will have a California on display at Road Atlanta this weekend. Come by the FoA trailer to see the car on display. This is shaping up to be a great Ferrari event. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

13. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    Paid for my 4 VIP tickets today at FOA. Man they have a bunch of 430's. Tempted to put in an offer but I have to respect the Mrs. I have to wait to sell my other toy car first. Yikes! See you guys up there. Thanks to Steven

14. Simon Tibbett

Simon Tibbett Karting

Nov 7, 2007
    GA
    Sorry forgot to ask about getting in on Friday, if it's just practice day it should be open to the general public? Don't take my word for it though.

15. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    Gee, Thanks for the invaluable info !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Simon Tibbett

Simon Tibbett Karting

Nov 7, 2007
    GA
    Haha sorrrryyyyyy :(

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Hope to see some of you at FoA at 7-7:30 Saturday morning for a "caravan" to the track.

And after the day is done, here's a suggestion for dinner: Vinny's New York Pizza & Italian Grill in Duluth, on Sugarloaf Pkwy just 1 mile west of I-85, and just past the Gwinnett Center arena. (Make a U-turn at Meadow Church Road.) Yeah, it's the same Vinny who used to be our host at Giovanni's in Johns Creek! http://www.vinnysnypizzaonline.com/

18. ppatel9

ppatel9 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Does anyone know what we are allowed to bring (i.e. Chairs, refreshments...etc)? This is going to be my first time being at Road Atlanta so I dont know the rules. Thanks.

19. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    you can bring what ever you want. Get ready to walk down a hill and back up if you plan on visiting the pits.

20. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    The old, original Pits and Paddock, next to the tower, are being used this year because of the small field of cars !

21. Simon Tibbett

Simon Tibbett Karting

Nov 7, 2007
    GA
    I don't think that's the reason, but yeah they are.

Anyone else find the racing kind of...slow?

22. JNT

JNT Karting

Nov 30, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Depends on the driver, some seem to really get on it, while others look like they are still sorting the car out. The front runners usually keep thing interesting. The 430's seem quieter than the 360's were, but maybe its just me. I hope the guy that crashed is OK. I go every year and have never seen someone hit so hard they have to red flag the race to repair the track.

The FXX's are beasts, and the drivers were cool to talk to. Then there was the F50, California, and the almighty F40 which i had a nice chat with the owner. Overall a great time.

What was that yellow race car running with the Formula car?

23. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Great day at the track!!! The 430 race was awesome, my son amd I watched from turn 10 area. A heart stopping few minutes there when that car hit the wall and spun across the track.

Had a nice chat with Ed W, who is a great guy, he let my friends 10 YO son sit in the F50, which was a real thrill for him. Good to see Brian, Jim and Vince there as well.

24. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    yellow prototype , is a F333SP. Ran in IMSA during late 80s early 90s. First race ever was at RD Atl and it won, straight out of the box !

25. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
    #75 TurboTodd, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'll post my pictures in a bit.. worn out from the drive back to Nashville after standing out in the sun all day. I spent most of the on-track time at T10. Probably saw a bunch of you..

Here's a teaser shot.. I also have about 14 more shots that I fired off in the 5-10 seconds after this shot as well for those of you who were at T10 this afternoon, you know what happened next..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login