Front bonnet on 360 not opening? | FerrariChat

Front bonnet on 360 not opening?

Discussion in '360/430' started by traknut, Apr 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. traknut

traknut Karting

Mar 30, 2006
    The front hood on my 360 will not open with the switch. I checked the fuse, the relay, and the switch, and they are all good. Would it be the mechanism under the hood? Am I missing something else? Thanks

2. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Under the steering column on the left is a small Tee handle which opens the trunk from the inside.

At least you should be able to open it mechanically.

3. traknut

traknut Karting

Mar 30, 2006
    I am using that to get into the trunk, but where is the cellnoid? Is it the wrapped cylinder in the brass enclosure?

4. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    You mean solenoid?

You'll have to remove the front fabric-faced panel to get to it.

5. traknut

traknut Karting

Mar 30, 2006
    Sorry, I spelled it the way it sounds. LOL I have the fabric out already. What do I replace in there? Is it the whole part including the brass box or just what is inside the box? The switch is good because I tried it on the gas door opener and it worked fine.

6. flipdowt

flipdowt Karting

Dec 13, 2008
    Mahopac,New York
    Full Name:
    John Flip
    get a volt meter or a test light and see if you are getting voltage to the solenoid.have someone hit the switch when you are set up in the trunk to see if the solenoid is being fed.don't forget to turn the key to the on position