I can't open my 355 spider glove box... | FerrariChat

I can't open my 355 spider glove box...

Discussion in '348/355' started by horsmanp, Apr 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    This is the little one between the seats on the back wall. It has a key hole, but the ignition key does not fit or open it. I don't have any other keys, and the previous owner said he never got it open either. Pressing on the button with the key hole does nothing...

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    There is a separate key for it--Seems like it is locked...

3. TSM

TSM Karting

May 24, 2008
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Robbie--any guidance on the type of key (style, number, or letter code stamped on key) that I can give my locksmith as I'm missing the key as well. Thanks.

4. mike_747

mike_747 Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Seattle
    Ok I give.
    where exactly is this glove box? The only thing between my seats is the buldging cover that conceals the power top's hydraulics.

I thought this was a joke thread when I first reat it.

thanks

5. ActionFigure

ActionFigure Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    Cary NC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Yep, the glove box is locked if you can push the button in and nothing happens. The key itself is half the size of your ignition key. I am thinking back about 4 years now when I had a duplicate key made and I thought they used a Fiat blank but looking at the key now it has stamped on it "Armstrong" and "OK8197". I would look at my other glove box key (maybe that is the Fiat blank) to try and help with some more info but it is on the key ring with the car in the shop for a service.

Maybe the glove box was an option on the Spider which is why the other poster does not have one?

6. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Some came with them, some did not. Mine has not got the glove box. Too many vino's when the made ours ;)

7. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    #7 cf355, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is the glove box that is being referred to
    Image Unavailable, Please Login