biggest Porsche gathering on the planet!! | FerrariChat

biggest Porsche gathering on the planet!!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, Apr 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #1 turbos7903, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And it happens within a couple hours of the Mid-Atlantic area.Even though this is a Ferrari Chat site I know through my involvement there are alot of Porsche owners and enthusiast as well that frequent this site. This Saturday April 25th is the largest Porsche gathering in the world. See: http://www.cpa-pca.org/swap/
    For those with any interest I will be at the Starbucks in Newark on Main street at 8AM. Panera Bread is across the street. We will leave from the Newark Main street Starbucks shortly thereafter for a cruise to the Swap meet. It will take us up some twisty backroads in southern Chester County and on up North of Lancaster PA. The event takes place at the Hershey Convention Center parking lot. Check out the very comprehensive website link above. Jon in Delaware
    PM me if your coming so I will know to wait for you.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Its the same day as Richard Garre's and Tom Yang's event, likely the largest annual gathering of vintage 12 cylinder Ferraris on the East Coast

3. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Wow...Busy weekend. Beautiful advanced weather forecast to boot!!! May make the week go by just a little bit faster. Jon in Delaware

4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Also the same day is the Annual Classic Coach open house. With all due respect to the other venues, a trip to Classic Coach has the same effect on a Tifosi as a visit to the Playboy Mansion would have on Bill Clinton.

Joe

5. 8339

8339 Karting

Oct 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Hi guys, actually the Radcliffe Motorcar/TomYang.net event is on Saturady May 2nd, the following weekend. Thanks

6. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA

Richard, glad to hear that. I had a great time last year and was looking forward to attending again, but didn't want to miss the Classic Coach open house. As far as the Porsche Swap Meet, I live in Hershey and can walk to that, maybe I'll stop by before I leave for the Classic open house.

Joe

7. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    OK now that we have established the other events that are happening the same day...or not.... lets get back to the purpose of this thread. The largest Porsche gathering in the world. See you at 8:00 AM @ Starbucks on Main Street in Newark Delaware across the street from Panera Bread if your interested in a trip up on Saturday. thanks Jon in Delaware

8. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I'll meet you guys up at Hershey Jon.

-Joe

9. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Joe, Why not ride up with us? Its sort of on the way. Especially if your coming from U of D. Jon

10. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #10 Qksilver, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
    I was going to head up Friday night to West Chester or the main line and meet up with a few of the usual suspects in King of Prussia sat. morning, like last year (which is probably a better route for me-- right?).

11. DinoDriver

DinoDriver Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    Jon, thanks for coming down to the Spring Thaw. Hope you had a good drive and a great day. Incredible weather!

Love the yellow Porsche pictured in your post. Just don't see Porsches in yellow too often and this one is STRIKING! Which model is this?

Bill

12. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    GT3.

I'll be up there bright and early looking for some bargains.

13. onboost

onboost Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    DC Metro area
    Glad to know there will be some cross representation w/ Tifosi at the Porsche meet!

14. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    #14 jimangle, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
    Jon,

Nevermind

Jim

15. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I know your in Alaska or some other "exotic' place
    Bill, The Spring thaw was a perfect excuse for getting out the Barchetta for the first 2009 drive, thanks for inviting us and putting the event together. Car never ceases to amaze me. Stored and covered October 2008,Never touched,uncover it starts right up drive it 135 miles each way like the car was frozen in time runs like it did when I put it away...like a dream. Very enjoyable day.
    Thanks for the compliment on the 2004 GT3. Its the "other" car. Its the exact same color combo as the Barchetta right down to the yellow stiching. I am obviously obsessed! Jon in Delaware

16. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Jon, I couldn't help drooling all over your car on Saturday, it is one beautiful Ferrari!!

17. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Anyone have a spare seat? I'd love to take some photos of the cars on the road

18. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Chris, Make your way down to Newark and leave your car there. Ride with me....cant say how many will be making the trek though no real commitments from anyone yet. An alternative is to hook up with the younger gang who are meeting in the K of P area and going up. Jon in Delaware

19. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #19 SefacHotRodder, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
    Jon, i will let you know. My buddy is planning a bday party for our friend in AC but i don't know what time we're leaving. I really really appreciate the offer and will let you know. I've been to this show a few years back and it was awesome.

Thanks again

Chris

20. Shark Sandwich

Shark Sandwich Karting

Jan 22, 2008
    Eastern PA
    Full Name:
    Arthur
    My 308 will be the one F-car aberration in an otherwise all-Porsche convoy leaving out of Allentown, as my Porsche is in for transaxle work, see y'all there. This is a great event, I've been a bride's maid/2nd place in the People's Choice concours 2 different years with my Porsche, and end up spending lots of money every other year on goodies at this event !! There's usually a pretty cool "Porsche for sale" corral too with lotsa cool cars.

I swear I'm never gonna sell my 308 ... until I see a perfect 76-79 930 Turbo in the sale corrall .... hmmm ....

See y'all there,

Art

21. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    I'll be there!!! Busy day for me, wedding, biggest porsche meet in the world, volksfest, and classic coach!!! Decisions decisions!!!!

22. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Evan, what classic coach event?

23. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Anyone know if there is safe parking for the F-Car. Considering going , but don't want to sit and worry about car all day. Bob

24. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Sorry guys, I'll be at NJMP. Have fun!

25. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve

There was an Iris blue '76 for sale on Pelican a few weeks ago that looked really good, did you see it?