NIKI LAUDA SAYS IT BEST | FerrariChat

NIKI LAUDA SAYS IT BEST

Discussion in 'F1' started by GABU, Apr 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    #1 GABU, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
    I have been talking about this with my friends for a while and now Niki sums it up

It is impossible in this moment not to recall Ferrari's often calamitous past, before the efficient and dispassionate German, French and British influences of Michael Schumacher, Jean Todt and Ross Brawn respectively oversaw the highly successful era of the early 2000s.

"In those days," said Niki Lauda, "Ross, because he is English, was the ideal bridge between the Italians, with their spaghetti culture, and Schumacher, with his German efficiency.”
    "Now the Italians are running it all. Does it work? It could be chaos. That's the problem,"
    unquote

I love the italian culture I have been in Italy hundreds of times my family lives there, but we must look at the facts ....... we al love ferrari, pasta and vino.... but the italians by themselves ..???.... and this is FACT Italians have not being able to hold a government in their country for more than 1 year since world war II. Actually in 2008 they voted for their 62 time ... so 62 governments in 63 years ... GOT TO LOVED THEM ... DEMOCRACY AT ITS BEST .... but their organizational skills are not the best out there ... ARE THEY ?

They change prime ministers like we celebrate christmas ... BERLUSCONI comes and goes as he pleases. is like a joke !!

So without getting into politics ... our beloved team is heading that way ... at least I think so .. Bring Back Schumy full time ... and stop complaining about what other people do and stop blaming other people for your own shortcomings... that is what i would say.

At the end of the day they speak bad about Ross Brawn but lets not forget that ROSS and SCHUMY gave us 5 championships in a row ... after a disastrous 80's and even the 90's that were nothing to be too proud of..

LETS JUST HOPE THAT THEY GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER ........ AT LEAST FOR 2010 !!
    GIVE THE TEAM TO MICHAEL, BRING FERNANDO AND SEBAS VETTEL TO DRIVE FOR US ... SEND KIMI HOME TO RALLY ON THE ICE AND LET MASSA COME TO THE US TO RACE WITH ALL THE BRAZILIANS IN IRL. ... OHH AND SEND RUBENS TOO. HE and FELIPE WILL LOVE IT HERE.

2. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    LOL :D But true!

3. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Hmmmm....Schumacher working over Alonso...interesting concept. But doubtful.

4. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    Cant argue with that.

5. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    #5 aquapuss, Apr 21, 2009
    For once, Lauda nailed it. Italy is The Banana Republic of Europe.

Spaghetti culture...ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    It reminds me of that t-shirt "In heaven the women are French, the food is Italian, the cars are German and the timing is Swiss...In hell the women are German, the timing is Italian..." How does it go?

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Didn't Niki win a WDC with this so called spaggetti team?

8. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    Please don't take comments out of context. WE don't have a spaggetti team ... we are talking about spaggetti culture .. which it is not the same.
    c'mon .. these guys are good although we are not winning they are good because to be in F1 you have to be ... and like it or not it is just funny ... and italians are like that ..... have you ever driven in italy ... it is controlled chaos and I love it ... and when i go there I have fun like nowhere else ... but it is still chaos none the less.

Lauda is as unemotional as it gets ... this is why he was world champion 3 times !! i know Niki personally ... i had conversations with him and he is a RIGHT TO THE POINT NO BULL TYPE OF GUY... and he is right about this one.

And as for the Schumy and Alonso I think it will be a great thing .... remember that these guys they get paid millions ... all what you see on TV it is not how it is in real life .... if you have ever walked the paddok ... they all get together at bernie's hosp. tent to chat and drink. it is like a private club.

9. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    In heaven the policemen are English, the mechanics are German, the cooks are French, the lovers are Italian and everything is run by the Swiss. Hell is when the police are German, the mechanics are French, the cooks are English, the lovers are Swiss and everything is run by the Italians.

;)

10. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    lol :D

11. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    That is why I stated "so called".

Anywhere else in Italy except the Ferrari factory I might agree there is controlled chaos. At the Ferrari factory, there is control. I do not think the problem this year is because the team is Italian. I believe the new rules were not interpreted as was by some other teams and the final car design just did not turn out as expected.

12. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    And led by a bastard spaghetti, that guy, Montezemolo. What has done that f*cking spaghetti for Ferrari since then?

13. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Actually I’m very fond of spaghetti, personally I don't know of any other dish that Europe has that is so well received.

Ah well, God Bless the Italians for doing something right……...huh guys.

14. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Thank you! I love that saying.

15. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    Pretty well organized criminally.

16. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Well, that was uncalled-for.. Not every Italian is a mafia dunderhead...

:-(

Greg

17. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I'm sure it was a joke, It's like saying not all Muslim's are terrorist, but all terrorist are muslims.

18. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    C'mon ... everything came from europe at some point .... an italian paid by a spanish queen discover the land ... then the dutch the british and the french kicked each others butt to see who would keep what we called USA ... and everything from our clothes to what we eat ... is somewhat european . and yes maybe the europeans got it from the chinese ... like spaggetti and marco polo ... but then again this is not history class .. this is a forum about F1 and the sad truth is that FERRARI sucks this year and the fact that they are making allegations against Ross Brown is just bad .... because he did for ferrari the same thing that he is doing for himself ..
    Or anyone of you believe that all the cars are legal ... i was told once that ... the one who wins is the one that is cheating but is just too smart to get caught ... and Ross Brawn is the smartest guy for that and ithat is a fact .... also that is truth in every sport ... MARADONA AND THE DOPING AT THE WORLD CUP IN BOSTON, ALL THE FOOTBALL AND BASEBALL PLAYERS .... BUCH OF GUYS FROM THE OLYMPICS, FERRARI HAD A BUNCH OR PROBLEMS IN THEIR WINNING YEARS ... OR WE FORGOT THAT ALREADY ??
    anyway........... going back to the first post of this thread ... NIKI IS RIGHT !!

19. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    2 actually and he would have won three in a row but for the '76 accident.

20. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    #20 zero, Apr 21, 2009

And..... the French gave you the USA the statue of liberty, as a gift:D

21. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    forget the accident ,,,, he lost beacuse all the drivers screed him in fuji .. they were all supposed to stop because of the rain and they did not so James hunt won by 1 point

22. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Only because they knew we couldn't keep the copper from oxidizing and there would be this giant green lady holding a torche and a book to terrorize the locals and be used for a Ghost Busters movie.

23. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #23 classic308, Apr 21, 2009
    Love Lauda and some of what he says is true. However as was once stated by a politician "Italy is stable in its instability." And it is so true. The "pasta eaters" is what the germans referred to the italians back in 2006 before the World Cup semi final and in fact they boycotted italian restaurants and pizza. BTW, last time I checked 40 minutes from the Ferrari factory the poorly organized pasta eaters from ducati were busy dominating the efficiently organized rice eaters from Japan inc..

If the mechanics in hell are french then ferrari are in trouble as their chief engine man is french.

Edit: just got home and am having pasta for dinner (capelli d'angeli with pesto) in honor of Niki....

24. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Unless you're a member of the IRA or UDF. :rolleyes:

Or Meinhof Gang.

Or Red Brigade

Or...

25. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I remember all too clearly....it was my first full year of following F1.....