Fiat/Chrysler Alliance? | FerrariChat

Fiat/Chrysler Alliance?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tarek K., Apr 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Fiat meeting today to discuss alliance with Chrysler........

1. Alliance

2. No Alliance

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    I hope not..............

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Why would Fiat want to shackle the ChryCo anchor around their ankles? ChryCo's product's are uniformly poor in every aspect across the range. They have THREE half decent models; the Wrangler, the minivan, the Grand Cherokee.

Beyond that, if Fiat is trying to find showroom space in the US, what do they have besides that cheeky little bastard 500 that Americans will want? The Punto and the Bravo may sell ok on US soil, but the rest of their line up is too Euro centric.

I say let ChryCo die and we get to bomb Daimler's HQ for killing the company.

3. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Oh, come on Tarek, our poor American friends have suffered long enough - let 'em have some decent cars for a change!

4. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    I surely hope so.

Both Fiat and Chrysler could potentially benefit IMMENSELY from such an alliance.

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I'm thinking FIAT is eyeing the US dealer network, exchange of parts components plus getting some taxpayer's bailout money tossed their way. Plus Chrysler is probably hanging by a thread and an alliance is a life line for them. It's probably better than seeing Chrysler continue to whittle away.

6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  7. BIGHORN

BIGHORN In Memoriam

Sep 18, 2006
    FLORIDA/NEW MEXICO
    Full Name:
    JOHN F KELLY
    Chrysler is not viable. Ask Ceribus. Fiat is barely solvent in its non Italian operations; Plus who would want the US Treasury de facto running the show