Has anyone seen this? Interesting! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Has anyone seen this? Interesting!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by GlobalLambo, Apr 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Or in a plea bargain session?

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    If you have first hand information:

" Knowing what I know"

I seriously suggest you contact the FBI.

3. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Wasn't Carbon on Universal's payroll? If he still is, does this mean he now gets promoted to "interim owner"? Hmmm... think of the possibilities and perks. Like, commuting in the CCX every day. Nice! J/K ;)

Seriously though, Carbon if you're reading this thread, can you tell us anything about the situation?

4. jonjon260

jonjon260 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2008
    L.A California
    Full Name:
    jon
    just curious as to what ferrari of long island treatment of you have anything to do with this case

5. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    I'm talking about my experience with the Feds, not what I know about this case. And I stand by that, charges don't get filed, press notices released, etc for something that has no meat to it. The NYO has a limited amount of agents, they don't take on every case that passes their desk.

-N

6. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I think its called "Off Topic". But maybe it should be called "Allegedly Off Topic". just to keep everyone happy. ;)

7. balenciaga

balenciaga Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    NYC
    Full Name:
    derek
    just saying what kind of people work at both places. Free country and i am allowed to state this if I please.

8. jonjon260

jonjon260 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2008
    L.A California
    Full Name:
    jon
    so they treat you like sh-t . welcome to the world of used cars, again what does that have to do with universal and this case. i suggest you start a new thread and bash them there. this is totally irelevant in this thread

9. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    what the hell?

Considering Universal is the subject of this, why not share it? No different then interviewing the neighbors of the Craig's List killer (he was such a quiet boy).

10. jonjon260

jonjon260 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2008
    L.A California
    Full Name:
    jon

so if i say universal treated me like **** it makes them guilty? wtf?

11. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Dude chill. He just stated an experience that happened there since they are one of the subjects of this thread

12. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #37 tuttebenne, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

I think this thread has been hijacked !!!!

So while it has, I have one question. How much money if you don't mind asking, did Ferrari of Long Island collect when you picked up your car at their dealership?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. jonjon260

jonjon260 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2008
    L.A California
    Full Name:
    jon
    i just hope everyone comes out okay in this mess

14. balenciaga

Jul 19, 2008
    NYC
    Full Name:
    derek
    #39 balenciaga, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well it was included in my shipping costs so god only knows. I just really think it was below the belt. Also asked them to show how to open the hood and start the car because I had never driven a ferrari before and the guy laughed at me. and thats why you see this license plate cover on my car now)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
  16. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    FWIW, if I was a car salesman and you bought your car from someone else and then asked me to help you with it, it would take a lot of self control for me to treat you like someone who just bought a car from me. I suspect they could have treated you much better but actually "turned the knife" whenever they could have. In a business climate where every sale counts bigger than it ever did, can you see where they may have been miffed with you?

17. balenciaga

Jul 19, 2008
    NYC
    Full Name:
    derek
    Why would they be miffed with me ? first off they didnt have the car i wanted to buy. 2nd if they would have been slightly helpful i would get my car serviced from them. Its all good, hence me slaging them off here.

18. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    #43 DadsFerrari, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
    I will reply to the FoLI story of disrespect, as I can attest ;) It is relevant. I'm not surprised to see the smugness of the dealer when a Cali car came in. You wonder why they would agree to deliver the car, but clearly, they have no choice as FoA would likely require it. Since you have a valid issue, you would have been best off complaining to FoA, especially when considering the purchase price of an F car (at dealer retail no less)

Personally, I feel bad for a lot of the younger guys that get into car sales in general. I have seen some older gents make respectable careers of it(exotic and premium brands), where they don't take stuff personally like silly little children... The young types usually have serious ego issues, and are very competitive. Maybe they have to be that way to be successful, by grabbing share away from other weaker salesslime. Not to mention, they can tend to have inferiority complexes when buyers can afford quarter mill cars and they would barely be able to afford a 308 :( By making you wait that day, they somehow got pleasure from it. They wanted to prove their superiority to you in that one and only chance, because you bought elsewhere (by default). And they never care about losing your biz/ service work. All that matters is their commission, the rest is just an act.

Fortunately, I only have good experiences at my local F dealer. ( Not NY area)

19. Tax Dr-2

Tax Dr-2 Karting

Dec 12, 2008
    Point One...I have purchased six Ferrari's from FofLI over the last two years. Every purchase was without a problem.

Point Two...I have dealt with other Ferrari stores in the area and have had problems. That is why I now give my business to FofLI.

Point Three...It was I who received the e-mail that was quoted in the Indictment. I purchased my Enzo from FofLI.

20. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #45 tuttebenne, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
    Wouldn't it be better said that "it was possible that I (or my email receiving device) allegedly received a communication, that could have been an e-mail, that was quoted in the indictment"? After all, these guys are innocent until proven guilty...

21. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
    This isn't a news outlet.

22. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

News to me

23. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY
    Universal Autosports would like to thank all of you for your continued support and patronage. At this time we are unable to discuss legal matters. However we can say that in the very near future this matter will be resolved, and we will be cleared of the allegations made against us. Universal has worked very hard to provide unsurpassed sales and service, and we’re confident that our hard work and determination have earned us our great reputation. With your help we have established ourselves as one of the premier exotic auto dealers and service centers in the country. We want everyone to know that nothing has changed at Universal Autosports, and it’s business as usual providing outstanding services at unbeatable prices!
    FYI: Our one-year anniversary is coming up in May, and everyone is invited to help us celebrate. More details on that to follow...

24. balenciaga

Jul 19, 2008
    NYC
    Full Name:
    derek
    Thanks for offering a service that is 2nd to none. Once again thanks for all your help with my 360

25. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY
    It's our pleasure, thank you.

Keep your calendar open for the middle of May. We hope to see you at our one-year celebration.