Cigar and Champagne Suggestions for my Air Force buddy | FerrariChat

Cigar and Champagne Suggestions for my Air Force buddy

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by GTHill, Apr 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    A friend of mine, essentially a brother, just got back from Iraq. He has a baby girl imminent and asked me for suggestions on a nice champagne and cigars to celebrate the occasion. Well, I have no idea, but I knew where I could turn for the answer! His budget is under $400. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

GT

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Drinks for a crowd and a whole box of cigars to pass out or something special for himself and one other? I know when my son was born, I opened a bottle of Macallen 1874! For me, that kind of occasion called for the absolute best! He can spend a few hundred bucks on a couple pre-embargo Cubans for he and his dad and the rest on a bottle of Dom P or he can get a case of Asti Spumante and bunch of El Productos. :)

Parameters?

3. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    Schramsberg Champagne, I once heard every toast ever given by an american President has been with Schramsberg. I doubt that is true since they were founded in the 1860's.

IIRC it's about $40 bottle.

http://www.schramsberg.com/story/jschram.html

4. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
  5. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    #5 JP365, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
    If it has to be Champagne from the region, go with Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label @ $30.00-$40.00 per bottle. If the Spanish version of Champagne (cava) works, German Gilabert is great at $14.00-$18.00 per bottle. As for cigars, if your friend isn't really a cigar smoker, Diana Silvius are very smooth and run between $150.00 and $200.00 per box depending on size. If you friend wants something with a little more Punch (bad joke) Punch makes great cigars and dreadful cigars depending on the price $50.00-$200.00 per box depending on size. Punch cigars are strong but I happen to like maduros so they never bother me. If you want to spend a wee bit more get some Ashton Maduros or Davidoff Classics both start around $250.00 per box. A combination of the previous listed champagnes and cigars will keep you under $400.00 Best of luck!