A 360 purchase question | FerrariChat

A 360 purchase question

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dean355, Apr 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dean355

Dean355 Formula 3

Sep 4, 2006
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Hello gents,

I have a question for the 360 owners:

Is there any mechanical, performance or electrical reason to buy a 2000 360 over a 1999 360 or vice versa (both manual and coup)? Assuming both are in great condition. Any defects relating to a specific year of production?

Thanks

2. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    The first model year cars tend to be the whipping boys of each model line. You might want to search the forums. There is a lot of great information regarding model years. Myself, I personally feel that the 2001 and later cars are a good place to start. If you do buy the 2000 or 1999 model, it pays to check the service history and make sure all the updates have been completed. There were variator issues (up to 2002 I think) as well as a few changes and updates to the gearbox area on some of the earlier cars. I believe the 1999 year lacks pre-cats in the exit portion of the headers, this allows the cars to produce a bit more HP as I remember.

One issue on the early cars is the "only shows 3/4 full" on the fuel gauge. If you search the threads, you should be able to locate the one I posted about the subject. It was fixed on some cars, but not on others. It's a bit of a pain to correct, so you want to check that. Also the subject of the red LED on the dash which can indicate the alarm battery is shot.

Check the head lights and see if they have a film on the inside. That can be a bit of a hassle to deal with.

Anyway those are a few things I can think of off the top of my head. 360 is a great car. Try to find one with a tubi and challenge grill if you can.

My 360 is for sale if you are interested in a clean 2001 (titanium/black 6 speed) :)

Ray

3. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK

If I was in the market for a well maintained 360, and living in the US, Ray's car would be on the top of my list :).

4. Dean355

Dean355 Formula 3

Sep 4, 2006
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Ray, thanks for your reply. Will keep that in mind when I shop for a 360. I am a red color fan though. I might consider yellow too, but not a fan of black interior. Thanks again.

5. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    You should have no problem finding a red ferrari :) Good luck with your purchase!

Ray