birthday gift for the Ferrari lover? | FerrariChat

birthday gift for the Ferrari lover?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by girllovesferrari, Apr 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. girllovesferrari

Apr 23, 2009
    Hi,

Last year there was an obvious answer to this question for me, BUT, been there, done that. I don't want to give away too much information because there is not a day that goes by that my boyfriend is not lurking on these boards and I definitely don't want him finding out what I'm doing for him. There are tons of things I would love to be able to do for him, some of the amazing Ferrari experiences they offer in Italy, track driving experiences, etc. But, since I'm not in the "club" to own a Ferrari and neither is my boyfriend, some of these things are a bit out of my budget. I outdid myself last year and managed to get him a chance to drive a 430, which turned out to be one of the coolest things we've ever done. He talked about it forever, still talks about it. But, like I said, been there, done that. The next best thing would be to rent one so he could have it a whole day to himself, but at this point in time I'm not really in any means to be doing that this year either.

Any ideas of something I could do for him, or anything anyone's done for you that you thought was nice/thoughtful? I wanted to bring him to a big annual meet somewhere, but the one in our state is in the fall and we might be relocating by that point. His birthday is a few months before that, as well. I was thinking about doing this as a small thing since he does have interest in other Italian cars and race cars in general (typically only F1 though). Would you guys find going to this museum (http://www.simeonefoundation.org/?page_id=43) interesting? I found it a few months ago and talked about doing it some other time, but I think he's forgotten about it, really. I was thinking it might be a sweet surprise. Or would you guys really only be interested in the Ferraris and think it's a bit of a waste of time? He has appreciation for a lot of cars but really is strictly a Ferrari man if you were to ask him what he'd buy.

Any help is appreciated, or any other ideas. I always want to try and work SOMETHING Ferrari into his birthday each year, but I outdid myself the first time around and now I'm at a loss.

Haha, thanks!

2. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    going to that museum would be one of the best things. Specially if he likes racing. Hard to beat.

3. girllovesferrari

Apr 23, 2009
    #4 girllovesferrari, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
    ^^^ thanks for the suggestions. i was thinking about getting him something little having to do with ferrari to put on his desk when he gets his new job, maybe i will look into that. i'd do the wallet if i didn't buy him a louis vuitton wallet last year. i was thinking about cufflinks too, but some of this i know he doesn't want until he owns a ferrari (like a shirt, since he's not a hat wearer). he loves ferrari and can't wait to own one but he doesn't want a lot of the stuff until he's "allowed" to buy it if you know what i mean.

i already did a magazine subscription too. lol i am afraid i have already outdone myself until i can afford to buy him something FOR his ferrari when he finally gets one :D

4. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Is it a mondial by any chance ;)

5. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    My wife and I do Cavallino pendants,cufflinks, etc. If you do a search
    for Prancing Horse Jewelry, scroll down, you'll see some photos.
    Any questions ,send me an email.

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

If you can not give a real Ferrari as a birthday gift, then some of this jewelry is great. I've seen it, it is quite attractive and very well done.

7. girllovesferrari

Apr 23, 2009
    the one he really wants is a scuderia, but it will probably be an F430 first unless something miraculous happens. lol. but, even still, it will take a bit of time to get a 430 i am sure, but i have no doubts about it. he's very ambitious and determined to get one, and within the next few years. :D

i'm going to look for the cufflinks and maybe a tie pin...i'll search around. i'm thinking i might make him something with a ferrari part, as well. is there anywhere specific that you guys might recommend for me to search for a cavallino emblem? i don't want a reproduction, and i understand that might get expensive. i found a couple websites and e-mailed them about the part (i think it's this part: FD/12 CAVALLINO/CHROME/110mm) -- i'd look at the black one too but i think chrome will stand out better. i'm going to search ebay for a piece of carbon fiber and see what i can do with it. he seems to like the things i make him because they come from the heart :)

any other ideas for DIY ferrari gifts? lol.

8. fastmover

fastmover Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2009
    NA
    Authentic racing gloves...

9. girllovesferrari

Apr 23, 2009
    i almost did this last year when i surprised him with the drive but changed my mind. i think this will be a gift once he gets a car. he may not want to wear them but i'd get them anyway just so he has them.

thanks for the suggestion :)

10. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

You could get him a ferrari drawing and have it framed

11. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    #12 rizzo308, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    If you like the 430 Scuderia a lot, you could buy him an official new car brochure for that model.
    Here is one for sale on eBay. A buy-it-now price of $30 plus $8 shipping.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FERRARI-430-SCUDERIA-BROCHURE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem180333352467QQitemZ180333352467QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise

Or a Ferrari Flag to hang in the garage. This one is approx. 3' x 5' in size. A buy-it-now price of $25 + $7 shipping.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-100-AUTHENTIC-FERRARI-FLAG-1m-x-1-4m_W0QQitemZ380101891275QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_Fan_Shop?hash=item380101891275&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I have no connection to products or sellers. Just suggesting them as gift ideas.

Good luck.

13. girllovesferrari

Apr 23, 2009
    i did think about this. then i thought it might backfire on me and he'd want to put it right in the middle of our soon-to-be apartment. lol. i'd have to find something real tasteful that i love as well for him to put it up for everyone to see :D

14. girllovesferrari

Apr 23, 2009
    that's cool. but we're looking to move soon and probably won't have a garage. that's cool for the garage, but i would not let him have it in the house/apt, and he'd fight with me on that one. lollll. maybe for the future when we have a garage? cool idea. thanks!

15. girllovesferrari

Apr 23, 2009
    the scuderia car brochure has been done. got him that last year lol. he was amazed and loved it. thanks for the idea though :)

and the garage thing for the flag would work...if we had a garage :\

and he'd want it in the house. no no, unless we had a finished basement. lol.

thanks for the ideas though, this is all good stuff for the future!!