Capristo Installed | FerrariChat

Capristo Installed

Discussion in '360/430' started by Victor Li, Apr 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Victor Li

Victor Li Karting

Sep 1, 2008
    Hong Kong
    #1 Victor Li, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Taffy

Taffy Karting

Mar 30, 2007
    Cardiff UK
    Full Name:
    Chris T
    We need to hear it ............some sound video please............

3. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Sweet... i've definitely seen your car recently, maybe over the weekend? I remember that beautiful sound and thought that was one loud (kickass) 360!

4. 900ssDuke

900ssDuke Karting

Sep 12, 2007
    UK
    Excellent choice, I fitted similar 15 months ago on my spider. I was told this weekend that I should have sprayed it with WD40 after installation to aid future cleaning, as they thought the WD40 would not burn off. I have not tried this as I thought it might add to the problem. The pipes are a bit messy where they come out of the chamber, anybody got any ideas to keep them clean.

5. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Nice one Victor, i bet it sounds great, any reason why you chose the level 2 over level 1 or 3?

6. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Congrats Victor - bet car sounds amazing. I recognise that garage!!!

7. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    nice job! I installed the tubi and hyper flow cats on my car myself. It's a fun job getting that rear bumper back on and aligning the body line again :)

Is the rear cross wing suitable for supporting the car like that? Or are the jacks just sitting there with no real weight on them? My understanding is that the rear wing under the car is hollow and that a sway bar (or something) goes through it. I'd have to look at my car or pull up a parts diagram, but I didn't think it was suited to support much weight?

Ray

8. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    Been considering this myself for quite a while. Do you mind me asking what it ran you in U.S. dollars please?? PM if needed. Thanks!!

9. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    Ray, this is how I've supported my car as well. Thought they seemed "frail" but at the weld lines they are apparently quite strong.

10. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    I had my Capristo 3 fitted about a year ago and have never tired of it's sound, this is how they should leave the factory!

Check out this thread! :)

11. F1dreamer

F1dreamer Karting

Nov 10, 2008
    Atlanta
    I loved the video on youtube of the gentleman doing a comparison of 3 exhaust on 3 diff 360's. It is absolutely incredible the diff. The capristo was outstanding.

12. Victor Li

Victor Li Karting

Sep 1, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Yes, I was out las Friday with from friends for a ride. Yes, the sound of the car is amazing. You can feel like you are listening a music with heavy bass. Hope my neighbourhood will not hate me.

The reason for me to choose sound 2 other than sound 1 or 3 is because I heard sound 1 on F360 before. It is not very loud. I guess sound 2 will sound better than sound 1. But now I found sound 2 is very loud. For sound 3, everyone suggest I should not try sound 3 as it will be very very loud on the road and it is not very practical for a small place like HK.

Hi 900ssDuke,
    Is it necessary to add WD40 on the exhaust for future cleaning? what happen to yours when you have not covered your exhaust with WD40 before?

13. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    Congrats- good works; hope you enjoy the best music in the world. My ex-360 had tubi & hyper flow installed that sounded loud and excellent therefore my current 430-spider did the same exhaust combo with the vaccum tube off. I really would like to hear sound clip of yours to compare how good it sounds. I am afraid it might be too loud for me even though I am in Toronto.

14. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    There are quite a few 360s with aftermarket exhausts in HK, but yours definitely sounded good enough to leave a vivid spot in my memory, loud and solid yet not hideous; so IMO you picked the perfect choice :)

15. mooose

mooose Karting

May 27, 2008
    we need some videos man

16. Victor Li

Victor Li Karting

Sep 1, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Thanks everybody, will try to get some video if I have chance.
    Today I brought the car out for a ride. Now I think I am getting used to that music and starting to enjoy it in every moment.

17. 900ssDuke

900ssDuke Karting

Sep 12, 2007
    UK
    The bends on the tail pipes have got a bit messy and its not in a great place to clean. I think I'll need to remove it to get at it properly. It discolours a bit (which is ok) and then bakes on all the road crap etc when hot. (It gets really hot, a challange grill helps keep the engine bay cooler). It was suggested this weekend that spraying it first with WD40 makes cleaning easy, but I must stress I have not done this and would need to get confirmation from someone that this works before trying it.
    regards

18. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    I just give mine a shine up with metal polish after five or six runs.