Excellent Cockpit Video of Emergency Landing | FerrariChat

Excellent Cockpit Video of Emergency Landing

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Fastpants, Apr 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fastpants

Fastpants Karting

Jan 24, 2006
    South Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Nick
  2. FerrariFabio81

FerrariFabio81 Karting

May 24, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Fabio Secaira
    CRAP!!!!

Great job by the pilot. Wonder what airplane it is, looked maybe like one of those new LSAs.

Thanks for posting!

3. SubLV

SubLV Karting

Apr 23, 2009
    Oakville
    apparently it's staged. From what I've heard, the name of the person who shot and edited the video, is a publishing company. I heard it was done by a senator or something of the sort. Too much coincidence that there was no traffic, don't you think?

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I've been hearing along the same lines too, kinda like the wing off landing video a few months back. viral advertising.

I'm still 50-50 on this one though, but 90% that if it's real the pilot is an idiot, because it probably ran out of fuel.

5. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    That's an interesting development. Done by a Senator?

6. SubLV

SubLV Karting

Apr 23, 2009
    Oakville
    That one that lost the wing was a brutal fake. It wasn't even close to appearing real.

7. Fastpants

Fastpants Karting

Jan 24, 2006
    South Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I dunno. If you watch it again, you'll see that there are several cars going past in the opposite lanes after they touch down. If it was staged, I would think the whole area would be locked down with police barricades.

IMHO, I'd say it looks legit. And pretty damn impressive!

8. SubLV

SubLV Karting

Apr 23, 2009
    Oakville
    Cars coming the other way is fine, there is a divider. And also it's not a problem when you're stopped, especially in the other lanes. If it were real he would have ditched in the water long before making it to that road

9. SubLV

SubLV Karting

Apr 23, 2009
    Oakville
    Cars coming the other way is fine, there is a divider. And also it's not a problem when you're stopped, especially in the other lanes. If it were real he would have ditched in the water long before making it to that road