Your most embarrassing, ghetto-move in a Ferrari? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Your most embarrassing, ghetto-move in a Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by zippyslug31, Apr 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Oh, one other - not ghetto but very embarrassing. I went out once last summer in one
    of the loudest Hawaiian shirts ever made in my 328, with the roof off. OMG! I looked like
    Magnum in the most embarrassing of ways. Did an illegal U-turn and dashed back home
    for a change!

2. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
    #77 TurboTodd, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Execproducer

Execproducer Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    South OC
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I was at a Ford dealer so my friend could check out some Saleen Mustangs. People came out to admire my yellow 360. They were gawking as I was leaving, so I decided to accelerate hard and zip away. Then suddenly -- Bam! -- I hit a REALLY big speed bump. My head bounced off the ceiling. Very embarrassing.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I had an embarrasing moment this weekend. I had a late lunch at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas on Sunday. They opened the Rehab pool there again for summer. If you don't know what Rehab is, think "Sodom" meets "Gammorah" meets "Spring Break" meets "Girls Gone Wild" --and then add in lots of Tequila.

I had the valet park my F430 and when they delivered it, it was right in front the taxi line that was about 50 deep in itsy bitsy bikini clad girls waiting for a cab as the pool was shutting down.

I always thought it would be nice to hear girls shout cat calls at you but honestly.... it was a bit embarrasing!

Now, next time.... I have to bring my camera to document this sexual harassment!

5. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    LOL. That's good.

Reminds me of another recent 'smooth move' I pulled. Usually don't get goated into showing off, but at a small strip mall I recently rumbled through a few of the local bar flies came out giving me the "burn 'em off" bit. I just waived politely as I parked and ran into an adjoining store to do my business. By the time I came out there was a small crowd outside the tavern all looking, some taking cell pics.
    By now the group was really egging me on so, not wanting to disappoint, I tried to display the mightly power of Ferrari..... and only managed to rev the engine, smoke the clutch, and nearly hit a wall. I learned a cheap lesson: don't show off unless you are Schumi. :D

6. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    We pulled into a local sandwich shop parking lot for lunch. Upon ordering I remembered I had a coupon for $2 off a sub in the car. Yup, walked out to the TR sitting off by itself in the lot to get it. Got some strange looks from the cashier...

Gave us a good laugh as we left. "Big man in the Ferrari running out to get a $2 coupon!"

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Sorry I didn't see all the replies to my story!

No I declined any part of the offer, so I was only "out" the stale Marlboros, left behind by a River Oaks housewife...:D

Well worth it IMO, but from now on I'll use that move from Crocodile Dundie.....LOL!

I actually do drive it to Estate Sales as mentioned above, and even "barter" when I get there!
    There a reason the rich are rich, you know.......

8. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I remember when that happened!!! lol

9. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

I knew someone who did that in a BMW, but a Ferrari is better. Too funny.

10. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    curbed a wheel infront of a large group of tourists in dc. so embarassing!

11. mesoscale

mesoscale Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2004
    Two weeks ago, there was a large gathering of military officers and their families up in Frederick, MD for a dinner party early one evening. The weather was beautiful, so I thought it would be ideal to bring out my 355. Being a young lieutenant, I wanted to make a favorable impression at the off chance somebody stepped out on the front lawn. Well it didn't take too long and after 30 minutes and three rides later, the car began overheating and I babied it back to the party where everyone was waiting out front. Upon shutdown, I discovered a coolant house had litterally exploded under the front bonnet and a few belongings including a nice leather jacket had become soaked in coolant. I left a nice little puddle in the driveway too. After cooling for a few hours, I put a little water in the motor and drove around the block to a gas station where I had a buddy meet me. I called AAA and after they contacted 6 different wreckers, someone finally came out and it was towed to the shop. I didn't get home till 4 am. As hard as it is to believe, I still don't think anyone noticed...at least that's what I've tried to convince myself.

12. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    2 weeks ago I went to a thai restaurant.. it was some sort of fusion place..

at the end of the meal they give you this spicy drink to "help digestion"

well on the drive home in the modena I was hit with a super and EXTREMELY hard need to defecate.. we're talking the strongest laxative you can possibly imagine.. you can't stop your bowels from moving.. you have NO CHOICE

so I got out of the car in traffic and took a dump on the side of the road..

it was an interesting view to be sure for the spectators!

13. ZiFF

ZiFF Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2009
    I think the thread can be closed now, that can't be beat.

14. ammoman

ammoman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    WINDERMERE FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    ERIC
    Did i just freaking read that?

15. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Game over, you win!

16. CAS

CAS F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Clint
    That's laugh out loud funny! Hahaaa!!!

17. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    And let me add that that post is NOT useless without pics! ;) :p

18. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Which thai restaurant is this? I also live in Philly. I want to make sure I know what i'm facing if my wife and I go there. PM the name.

19. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    OK yup you got my vote you win hands down....;)

20. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    My wife got her hand caught in a 308 headlight door in a parking lot. Not quite like the dump story, but it was pretty embarassing. I had to jump out and pull the door up, since it was 1/2 closed amd would not go back up until it closed all the way.

21. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    And they Ferrari owner are not regular joes ...

these stories prove it.

Please close the thread before someone else takes a dump... LOL!

22. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    The crucial question is: did you have paper with you???

23. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    +1
    :D
    BT

24. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Now THAT can be painful!

I slammed the lights in the Trans Am on one of my children.........it HURT!!!!!!

Not sure how the strength of the Ferrari motors is, compared to that......

25. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Carry your Owner's Manual, at all times.....:rolleyes: