Supercar Saturday | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Supercar Saturday

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by autowerks racing, Apr 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeremycliff

jeremycliff Karting

Sep 29, 2008
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cliff
    oh ****! carla has laid her foot down!

2. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Never mess with a lady who actually has the ability to put a stiletto heel through your head at over 200mph is she desires.

3. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Skip, with all due respect, the sarcasm is belittling. Many people enjoy these events and the chance to meet with like-minded people; if you find them dull, that's perfectly ok. Carla, I'd be there if I was going to be in town. If nothing else, it would have given me a destination for a drive and a chance to talk to some of you after a long, awful winter.

4. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Carla, over the years I've worked on many events and drives with the FCA, RROC, FOC and other clubs. It's just been the past few years that I've laid low due to my failing vision and other physical ailments.

There's no reason to sling mud because of my viewpoint, and I respect the viewpoint of those who enjoy going to the car shows (I used to enjoy them too, until it became a weekly thing and you usually saw the same cars week after week). The social aspect of going to the shows is what I liked most. I still have friends that attend as many shows as they can and I don't 'knock' them for it. I do try to attend shows that are for a cause though, like the VA Hospital show and other charitable events.

And to the person who claims to know so much about me (you know whom you are) and the cars that I own and have owned, you know nothing! I haven't seen or spoken to you in probably 10 years, maybe more, and that's fine with me. You're still in a snit because of the joint event you were having with the FOC that you botched! Ever since, you've tried to belittle and disgrace those who spoke out against your handling of the matter. GROW UP AND GET OVER IT!!!!

And Carla, I prefer to called an Old Fart instead of an Old Coot, though both terms are fitting. :)

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Thanks Gary, my meaning is often misinterpreted. It's probably due to fact the I'm usually not very tactful in the wording that I use, as I usually just blurt things off of the top of my head and don't consider how the verbiage I use will be construed.

Seriously, to those I may have offended in my original post, I do apologize. Now, back to our original programming............

6. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    I believe that was me and my big mouth. Yours is covered Ron thanks for putting together what looks like a good event!

7. JR328

JR328 Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    John
    To me any nice car is s Super Car, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am planning to be there with my 328 and my 2-yr. old daughter in the car seat affixed to the passenger seat. My question is where do I place the stroller as I drive to The Glen? I'll figure it out, for having my daughter participate and enjoy beautiful automobiles is something I have been looking forward to for a while. Looking forward to seeing everyone at The Glen. John

8. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #108 adam76, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
    i got your lunch ron!

and what happened to "if you dont have anything nice to say..." ?

9. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    #109 carlagio, Apr 28, 2009
    We are posting in the PRESENT. It's about what we are trying to organize now that matters.

FYI: It wasn't a botched party. It was a rain date reschedule!!!! The attendance was outstanding, minus just a few FOC members. It's YOU that should GET OVER IT!!!

Your a bitter, cranky person that spoils it for everyone by hijacking this thread with your worthless opinions.

Now back to SUPERCAR SATURDAY!

10. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Thats two free lunches for Ron, Carla your in charge of oiling Ron up so we can shoehorn him back into His Gallardo.

11. jeremycliff

jeremycliff Karting

Sep 29, 2008
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cliff
    fight! fight! fight! fight! :D

12. RickSchneider

RickSchneider Karting

Jul 29, 2008
    Nah, Ron has "Sam" for that.

13. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009

Perhaps dipping him in some Zaino leather conditioner would be better, killing two birds with one stone as it were.

14. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    maybe he should just take the LM002 then...

15. autowerks racing

Jul 16, 2008
    the lm002 may be sold:)

I am Mr Mom and Baseball Dad this weekend with games starting at 1:00. Doubt I will be able to have any fun but my employees are always up for a lunch run or drive.(Yes, my Lambo is out of jail)

The board of directors of Supercar Saturdays has spent quite a bit of time and money on this event. We are putting this on for the community, not for our own benefit. Negative comments are not necessary nor welcome.

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    A friendly reminder to everybody, that personal attacks are not tolerated on FChat.

17. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

PS: I had several GTIs over the years and they could have all beaten my 308. Anybody who thinks Ferraris are solely about 0-60 is missing the point.

18. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    I would suggest if any one has any concerns to use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page. Voice your opinions to the head moderator. Robert Lay?

Rodney Dickman

19. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Let me make it even easier.

Anyone who has any concerns can contact me at anytime by PM.

Personal attacks are not acceptable in here. Andreas cut you all a break by not issuing any temp bans for them.

Keep the discussion on topic, and off each others' cases, ok?

Grazie,

DM

20. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Not a bad suggestion. Really if there is a personal issue I'm more of the PM or call type though..seems most of you know eachother from past events. Hope to meet some of you on Saturday!

21. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Ohh snap!

22. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Sad to hear you can't make it, I have no problems taking your car in place however ;)

23. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    This is a free country, let who ever has any thing to say, say it. One may not agree, but it's a healthy way to live...

24. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    #124 Darolls, Apr 28, 2009
    I believe it was Andreas that originally hijacked this thread, but whatever.

As far as your FYI, I believe the plans were altered without the knowledge of all original parties involved. Talk to AF about it as I wasn't involved in the original plans.

As far as "GET OVER IT", I think you've pointed that statement to the wrong person; and I don't mean it should be addressed to you.

25. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Gene, you are truly a free spirit with great insight.......now, back to Supercar Saturday.