Anyone know about Classics and Exotics Woruld Wide or Roland Toppino | FerrariChat

Anyone know about Classics and Exotics Woruld Wide or Roland Toppino

Discussion in 'Florida' started by slm, Apr 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Anyone know this guy or his operation?

I have my 1985 Porsche dp cabriolet for sale on the Porsche DP Registry website. Two weeks age I recieved a call from someone asking about my car and asking for more pictures. He really did not say who he was. I send him pics and he calls me a few days later asking some more questions and wanting some pics of the engine, etc. Guy now says that he has a "friend" who is very interested. I agree to get him this info, but cautioned him that it would be a few days as I was on call that weekend. He sends me another email a couple of days later asking for the same stuff again. I call him and explain that (as we previously discussed) I have been too swamped at work to get the info. I suggest that he might want to have his "friend" call me directly about the car, but he did not think this was a good idea. I also ask the guy who he was in this whole deal. He finally fesses up that he is a dealer and might have some clients who might be interested in this type of car... So I google the guy and find out that he has this website http://classicsandexoticsworldwide.com/ and he actually had my car for sale on his website for sale without my knowledge or permission. Upon reviewing his site I see that he has been associated with most all of the unsavory south Fla dealers. So I call inform him that he has prevoiusly misrepresented himself, that I have no interest in being associated with him in any way, and ask him to get my car off his site. I get applogizes and promises to get it off immediately. Well, 4 days have gone by and the car is still there on his site. I am not pleased.

I know that this is not a real big deal, but it really ticks me off. I wanted to let everyone know to watch out for this guy, and I thought some of my FChat friends might have some ideas on how to "return the favor" to this guy.

Thanks for listening

Steve

2. TrentS

TrentS Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2005
    South Florida
    Never heard of the guy, but if he put my car on his website without my knowledge or permission I'd have my attorney have a little chat with him.

3. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Steve:

Contact me off line if you'd like to have me send him a letter.

May as well flex my attorney muscles while I am job hunting.

Scottie

4. Alesnik-MD

Alesnik-MD Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    West coast FL
    Full Name:
    JPA, MD
    I don't see it on the website any more, Steve. Did you have to play hardball with him? Did the guy try to negotiate a lower price before you knew he was a dealer? I cannot believe the audacity of some people to attempt to blatantly defraud. I wonder how many of those cars are actually "on consignment."

BTW did you ever fill that position?

- Joe

5. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    He did get it taken off last evening after I sent a very terse email with a copy to my attorney. I can't believe how many low-life's there are. Can't be too careful.

Scottie: thanks for the offer.

Joe: I did not figure out he was a dealer until he kept hounding me for an endless supply of pics, etc. and I finally asked him who he was. Google is good!! He never tried to negociate price, just kept hounding for info to fill the listing. We haven't filled our position yet, but may be getting close. How is your search going? Feel free to give me a call.