Price of Rolex Milgauss? | FerrariChat

Price of Rolex Milgauss?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by jeff, Apr 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Would anyone know the price of a Rolex Migauss?

2. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    If you are talking about one of the current models (rather than the vintage Milgauss) the standard white or black dial are around $6,200, the model with the green crystal is around $6,500. At least those were the prices in Dec. 08 when I saw them at a dealer. I haven't looked at one since and I'm not sure if there have been any price increases since that time.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    What color?

4. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Thank you

5. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    I can get the Standard Milgauss for $5500 and the Green Milgauss for $6500, both NIB w/papers.

6. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I've always puzzled over the interest in the Milgauss. The only person I've ever known who had one was an electrician!

7. MikeMac

MikeMac Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Milguass is the only Rolex I have any desire to own. Probably because nobody has one. :D

8. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    My buddy has 2, the standard black face and the green one. Price in Hong Kong for the white face one is less than $5K.

9. MikeMac

MikeMac Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Cool. I've never seen one in the wild - and never even in a store for that matter.

Lots of subs, GMTs, Presidents, Daytonas, etc. But never a Milgauss.

I like this one (with the green crystal):

[​IMG]

10. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Shop around and you will see them. This past December, I stopped into a local Rolex AD that is in a very busy mall and they had all three versions of the Milgauss and the Deep Sea Sea Dweller. 6 months earlier you would not have seen any of those sitting in a showcase waiting to be sold. They would have been out the door to someone on a waiting list.

11. MikeMac

MikeMac Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah, I know i could find one. In that price range, I'd rather have a GO PML or a Hublot Big Bang, though.

So many watches, so little time...:D

12. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I knew a lot of guys who worked remotely in high-RF, high-voltage environments where such timepieces would have been invaluable, as-if the guys who actually worked in such environments were paid the kind of money to afford such a watch.

13. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Ha! Well then I know someone who should have one - the guy who works in the copper cage @ one of my wireless vendors! Joke is he glows when he comes out of the cage.

14. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    #14 nerd, May 1, 2009
    Last edited: May 1, 2009
    Upon release, Rolex had serious yield problems with the green (GV) sapphire crystal and the watches were rare and a few flipped for $14-16K. All in-stock Rolex seem to be available below MSRP these days.

Jeff, if you have not seen a Milgauss GV and will be at tomorrow's Scottsdale Cars-and-Coffee, I can wear mine.

The Milgauss Rolex is the nerd's Rolex. ;)

A really good forum on the subject: http://www.rolexforums.com/

15. samba-lee

samba-lee Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Lee Griffiths
    I fancy one of these so I went to the local dealer to have a look. Overall they are very different than say a submariner because they are chunkier and actually larger. They look and feel substantial. This does not come across in the sales brochure where they appear the same size as a submariner. I think prices in the UK are around £3.8K

Lee

16. ThreeSixty

ThreeSixty Karting

May 4, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    George G
    #16 ThreeSixty, May 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. brainbizz

brainbizz Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    OK
    I own all three and the GV is my least favorite however it is harder to acquire.