2006 F430 Spider for $115,000? | FerrariChat

2006 F430 Spider for $115,000?

Discussion in '360/430' started by rtajaly, May 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rtajaly

rtajaly Karting

Mar 26, 2009
    This has got to be a scam. It's listed in the Atlanta craigslist, but the ad says it's a California car. And the phone number listed is a Maryland number ... hmm. If it's real, I'd jump. But it sounds fishy @ $70k+ below the going rate. If anybody wants to take the bait, here's the link:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/1147943274.html

2. swede

swede Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    wow, that's really low. I sure hope prices haven't dropped THAT far...

3. rtajaly

rtajaly Karting

Mar 26, 2009
    I wasn't going to call this guy. It sounds fishy. That's a lot less than what they're going for. Why would he sell it for so low if he could easily get $50k more by advertising it everywhere? As in most cases, if a deal seems too good to be true ... well.

4. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

It wasn't a Ferrari, but a friend of my brother's found a scam on craigslist trying to sell a car at way below value and the same ad was listed in different cities too.

5. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    #5 Barrister, May 1, 2009
    Last edited: May 1, 2009
    He could get more than that by selling it to a dealer in about 30 seconds. Run away.

And who calls is a "Rev Counter." My bet is that the car is stolen.

6. bizz

bizz Formula Junior

May 26, 2008
    Redwood City, CA
    Full Name:
    joe B
    #6 bizz, May 1, 2009
    IT is "Hot-lanta" but this price doesn't seem unrealistic from what I've seen recently. These cars are owned by people who have leveraged themselves to the moon and back. Don't think "dealers" are any different.

Update: small accident, bumper only. Chem, the broker, seems like an honest guy. I'm going to jump on a Southwest flight there this afternoon and take a paint meter with me, if it's as described I'm the new owner. Hell it's only $200 to fly to Vegas and back.

Bottom line is that this is the bottom of the market.

--Joe

7. 360blue

360blue Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2007
    Hancock Park
    Full Name:
    adil
    I just spoke to the broker. The story given to me is the same. Consistency in story= honesty. This seems like a real deal. Three buyers with cash in hand outside Vegas shop await as we write. You may be too late already Joe. Good luck.

8. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    A car located in Atlanta, but registered in Cali and located in Vegas.

You get a tour of the South, visit the beach and then lose your ass in Vegas. Sounds like a dream to me!

9. bizz

bizz Formula Junior

May 26, 2008
    Redwood City, CA
    Full Name:
    joe B
    wait wait wait... Let me guess- you own one, you paid $184,000 for it and now you are grumpy because someone is selling it at a fair and reasonable price. Haven't heard *that* story before.

I'm flying straight to Vegas where the car either will be as described and I will purchase it, or it will not be as described and I will not purchase it.

10. swede

swede Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I keep hitting refresh to see how this ends and to see if someone buys the car :)

11. RAKLAW

RAKLAW Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Westchester,NY & Sarasota FL
    Full Name:
    RAK
    " Rev Counter" comes right from the Ferrari F430 brocheure when they advise the rev counter can be had in either red or yellow.
    Maybe Mr. Sneak got a hold of one.

12. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain
    I am dying to see how this one ends.

13. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    god bless this horrific market is all I have to say.. CHRIST ALMIGHTY!

I am NOT selling my ferrari for at least a few years.. WHAT a nightmare!

14. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    Relax. It was a joke.

I hope it works out great for you. Good luck.

15. rjsmd

rjsmd Karting

Apr 20, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #15 rjsmd, May 1, 2009
    Price sounds pretty good, even for a storied car. Car has 15,000 miles, one owner. If indeed the damage was minor, as is stated, it should make a nice driver for someone. The community would do well, however, to remain on the lookout for this car resurfacing for sale in a few months without the same disclosure that is being so honestly offered currently. Forgive my cynicism, but it would not surprise me to come across a similar mileage "red/tan F1 spider" in a few months with an asking price near (not under) the low end of the market. (The latter is a general philosophical statement, not a specific accusation about any one individual. Should the member that posted of their last minute travel arrangements secure the car, then I say congratulations. Drive it like you stole it, and enjoy.)

16. bizz

bizz Formula Junior

May 26, 2008
    Redwood City, CA
    Full Name:
    joe B
    I think given my level of disclosure on the current car for sale (dare I mention it, in fear of being banned permanently for selling something on F-chat) you can rest assured that I will be forthcoming on the condition of this one when I sell it.

I fully suspect that the 15K needs to be done, and it will likely be neglected to some degree. I don't have the money to throw around at over priced Ferraris, so I play on the "dangerous" end of the market. Caveat Emptor. May it be forever noted in my profile. :)

Indeed keep a close eye on the last 6 of the VIN - which I will post if I purchase it or not- to help the community.

It looks like I am out anyway, I just spoke with Chem (the broker) and there's a finance deal pending on it. If that falls through, I fly.

17. bizz

bizz Formula Junior

May 26, 2008
    Redwood City, CA
    Full Name:
    joe B
    I smell a ban, T.J.

(FWIW, I am ***NOT*** TJ!!)

18. SellingausedF430

Apr 30, 2009
    Redwood City, CA
    Full Name:
    Boardwalk Auto Cen.
    Sorry if I did something wrong.

This is the first time I posted something on a forum.

I didn't mean to break any rules.

19. rjsmd

rjsmd Karting

Apr 20, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Ron
    There are plenty of good 430's out there that are not overpriced. You will get yours. GL

20. rtajaly

rtajaly Karting

Mar 26, 2009
    I just checked out your F430 online. It's a beautiful color--I've never seen a red interior on a 430 before. That combination looks sweet! My next car will be a Ford GT, otherwise I'd have gotten it.

21. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    ad is gone.

22. rjsmd

rjsmd Karting

Apr 20, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #22 rjsmd, May 1, 2009
    ^ Poster is a dealer. The ad is easy to find using information that remains in the post/profile. What's more the car seems to be listed on all the usual internet sites.

Never mind, I just realized you were referring to the ad referenced by the OP.

23. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff

Consistency in his story means honesty? How does he explain the maryland phone number, atlanta ad and car in vegas with cali title thing? Now convienently someone wants to fly out and he has a deal pending? This car has scam written all over it. I don't have any 430 to sell, just common sense. They are cheaper these days but not that cheap. The photos were probably lifted from someone else. The guy will collect a few deposits and never be heard from again. If I am wrong so be it but until someone sees this car in person I am going with scam.

24. F1dreamer

F1dreamer Karting

Nov 10, 2008
    Atlanta
    If anything this has entertained my day, thanks guys. And by the way I have some oceanfront property in Oklahoma for sale if anyone is interested.

25. rtajaly

rtajaly Karting

Mar 26, 2009
    I did some research on the guy's phone number. Turns out he's been selling some electronics--unlocked Nokias and such--on various Internet sites. He says he lives in Memphis. Say, don't we have enough states on this thread? Anyway, it seems he is pretty liberal about listing his phone number everywhere. I guess with a cell phone it doesn't matter much.

Craigslist is a funny place. I go through it everyday almost religiously. From what I've noticed, the best times to buy an exotic car start around mid-December, and run though mid April. Maybe it has something to do with people needing to pay taxes. That's a free bit of advice for you exotic car hounds looking for deals. This guy's listing smelled rotten from the start. You get a sense for these things when you've been reading Craigslist for years.