Stranded in Atlanta 2 MAY & Brake question | FerrariChat

Stranded in Atlanta 2 MAY & Brake question

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Robert Rehkopf, May 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robert Rehkopf

Robert Rehkopf Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Cordova, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert Rehkopf
    Hi all,
    After having some brake work done and the car performing well yesterday I got in it this morning to drive to the MITTY and the brake pedal didn’t move and it was like pushing on bricks and the car won’t stop. So I’m stranded in the motel! I’m at I-85 & I 985 anybody willing to take me to the MITTY or something? I guess I have until FOA opens up Monday and I can get a tow truck.
    Does it sound like air in the brake lines? I’m lucky it happened overnight and not while I was driving.
    Robert
    901-335-4903

2. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I'm in Nashville and can't do much. Sorry to hear of your problems. It's like riding the Harley. FoA is open today but maybe not service. It is the power assist pump. Hell I don't know. You could rent a car and have them pick you up.

3. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    FOA service dept is open till 5 today. I just called.

4. Robert Rehkopf

Robert Rehkopf Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Cordova, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert Rehkopf
    Bob,
    Thanks. Kevin for FOA just returned the voicemail I left earlier this morning. And the good news is Wade, the race tech, who worked on my car is on duty. I was on the phone with USAA scheduling a tow for Monday. Wade is going to call me and try to walk me through to determine the problem. If it is somehting i can 'bang' to fix then i'll have it towed to FOA today.

5. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Wade is a good mechanic. He worked on my car just a few months ago. He can fix it.

6. Robert Rehkopf

Robert Rehkopf Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Cordova, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert Rehkopf
    #6 Robert Rehkopf, May 2, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
    Wade called and told me to press on the brake pedal 5 times and hold it down and started the car and that fixed it. He said if it is working then there is basically nothing he can trouble shoot. He also said that if it starts to go out again it will be gradual and my brake pedal will gradually get harder, i.e. it won't happen all at once.
    I'm off to the MITTY and hope to sell it. After this week I had everything fixed or I know what I didn't have fixed and the car has/had a clean bill of health. This was probably caused by Wade pressuring the system to 10psi to check for leaks. There were no problems yesterday, probably one of those Ferrari 'things'.

7. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Great, go have a little fun.

8. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Robert, call me
    Charles
    678-427-0435

9. Robert Rehkopf

Robert Rehkopf Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Cordova, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert Rehkopf
    It broke again, and is on it's way back to FOA.

10. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Turn the key, hold down the clutch, tap the brake 6 times, then once very firm, scratch you ear and turn the key. That should do it.

11. Robert Rehkopf

Robert Rehkopf Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Cordova, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert Rehkopf
    #11 Robert Rehkopf, May 4, 2009
    Last edited: May 4, 2009
    Hi,
    Anybody want to get together? You'll have to pick me up!
    Robert
    901-335-4903