Radcliffe Motorcar/Tom Yang.net Photo Thread | FerrariChat

Radcliffe Motorcar/Tom Yang.net Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by BillP00, May 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    I beat you by 2 minutes! That's funny. Maybe we can get the mods to merge the 2. Nice seeing you today!

regards

ken

2. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
  3. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Was it just me...or did anyone else think that when the Isotta Fraschini drove into the lot that it looked like it was going to tip over? That was one BIG car. I wonder how much it weighs? Due to the grading of the parking lot, it seemed (to me) like the car was leaning over.

Still a very beautiful car (like so many others on display).

Bill

4. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #7 kvisser, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That car was way cool. I don't know if anyone was able to see the driver instruction panel underneath the dashboard. It was a circular panel with different instructions that would light up, like slow down, stop, turn right, turn left ect. It was controlled by a set of switches in the back seat. There was a tiny moon roof which was actually a cigar smoke portal. Behind that was a series of loops for lady's gloves. People were styling back in the day in that ride. Came out in 29, right at the crash.

regards

ken
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    thanks ken, i missed that. very cool. home, james.

6. 8339

8339 Karting

Oct 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Ed, thank you for coming up. It was great meeting you yesterday and I'm glad we had a chance to talk. Don't be a stranger, stop by anytime you are in the neighborhood.

7. 8339

8339 Karting

Oct 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Richard
    #10 8339, May 3, 2009
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
    Hi everyone,

Many, many thanks to all of you who came to the event yesterday - with or without cars. We really enjoy putting on these "car guy" events with such a broad spectrum of cars. The best part of the event is you - the people who come out to share your cars and your stories. Thank you for your patience and understanding about the food, next year we will have a more reliable caterer. Many thanks to David, Sam, Travis and Motor for parking all those cars, it the event smooth and seamless.

Thanks again,
    Richard & Patty Garre
    Radcliffe Motorcar Company

8. 4re4me

4re4me Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2006
    Wickenburg, AZ
    Full Name:
    Barbara
    Richard & Patty - thanks so much for a great event & your hospitality - first time, but I'll be back. It was great to see everyone and meet new people as well.

Pics are great - love the emblems with drops. Thanks Bill for taking the pic of the sign in my car

I really loved seeing those Panteras.

9. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Patty, Richard and Tom; thanks again for a great event. thanks also, Patty, for letting me drive your Alfa SS - luckily, I had Harlan H in the car w/ me, so he could show me how to get into reverse!

As usual, had a great time talking w/ and listening to Dick Merritt and the tales of the old days - driving the Breadvan in a blizzard, leaving the factory gates in a new Lusso, etc. Also got great on-site tutoring from the Alfa brethren who have taken this newbie under their wings.

And I talked a lot about FERRARICHAT, too.

10. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #13 JAYF, May 3, 2009
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
    Richard and Tom
    Thanks again for the great event-It truly is a "car guy" event and it was great to see that the early morning rain did not stop the real "car guys" from coming out and bring there cars to the party. It really is a must go-to party and I can't wait for next year

Bryan-Good seeing you and speaking with you again............. I didn't talk about f-chat (because it wasn't worth talking about-sorry rob)

11. onboost

onboost Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    DC Metro area
    Richard and Tom,

I really sorry I missed your event yesterday! Looks like you had great turnout, fabulous cars.. great pics!

I definitely wont miss the next one!

Paul V.

12. MovieCarMania

MovieCarMania Karting

May 3, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    Full Name:
    Rodney
    Hey Richard, Tom and Patty,
    Thanks again for inviting me to participate in the show. I had a great time. Talk to you soon.

Rodney - Movie Car Mania

13. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    We don't believe you

14. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey Ken, sorry I missed your post. Yeah it was great seeing you too! I wish we had more time to talk. Great interior shots of the I.F.

Barbara, I saw that sign and started to laugh! That was hilarious!!! Looking forward to seeing you at future events!!

Bill

15. tyang

tyang Rookie

Feb 16, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Tom Yang
    Hi Bill, and everyone else.

I know I said this in Ken's thread, but I'm glad everyone had a great time. I look forward to doing it again next year.

Tom

16. Pantera1889

Pantera1889 Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2006
    Maryland
    Patty, Richard and Tom,

Thanks for putting on such a great event and making everyone feel welcome.! The turnout was amazing considering the weather.
    Great pictures guys!!

Ron