Looking at 2 575's | FerrariChat

Looking at 2 575's

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Cavallino Aficionado, Apr 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Hey guys,

Any input you guys may have on these 2 would be great. I know some of you are able to "de-code" VIN numbers to develop a DNA list of these. History of ownership? I've also been hearing about balance issues on the modular wheels, anyone agree to that?

Thanks!
    Brian

ITEM #1
    Currently for sale in Ohio, last owner from FL
    Body Style: Coupe Exterior Color: Rosso Corsa Red Interior Color: Tan Leather VIN: ZFFBV55A430132158
    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7cE-%7cM-_51_%7cD-_6449_%7cN-N%7cR-10000%7cI-1%2c7%7cP-PRICE+descending%7cQ-descending%7cZ-98390&aff=national&paId=303691546&recnum=13&leadExists=true

ITEM #2
    Curenly for sale in IL
    Body Style: Coupe Exterior Color: Rosso Corsa Interior Color: Nero VIN: ZFFBV55A030130620
    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7cE-%7cM-_51_%7cD-_6449_%7cN-N%7cR-10000%7cI-1%2c7%7cP-PRICE+descending%7cQ-descending%7cZ-98390&aff=national&paId=283196676&recnum=16&leadExists=true

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Brian...

NO VIN decoding required - some of us are just nuts. :)

132158: For sale at Ferrari of Orange County, 1,100 miles, 11/03; for sale at Family Classic Cars, 1,300 miles, 12/03; for sale at Marshall Goldman, 6,700 miles, 2/09.

130620: For sale at Continental Autosports, 13,440 miles, 8/08; again in January '09, 13,200 miles. The mileage discrepancy must be a typo; too close to be a rollback or some other dubious behavior.

I can't say anything about modular wheels, but I'm certain that other, more knowledgeable members will chime in. Good luck and let us know how things go; don't forget to get a PPI!

3. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    both look very nice.

4. 68rcodemustang

68rcodemustang Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Mullet
    #4 68rcodemustang, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
    I got a 03 575 from Marshall Goldman about 2.5 years ago. When it arrived I checked through it and there was a baggie with 3-4 grams of coke in it. Was in the little compartment that hides the manual release for the trunk, behind the drivers seat on the shelf.

both seem way overpriced.

5. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    can't go wrong with resale red

red/tan is a classy look, although I like the red/black

575 19" modulars are very nice, were hard to find years ago, don't know about now. About 10k iirc. Never had any issues with mine

6. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Brian,

Did you get the NART 575 PPI'd and find something that made you reconsider?

7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister

I know a guy who has a 575 in Palm Desert, CA who will let it go for $110K.

I just got back from their house today. I did not see the car personally....he's having some paint work done (front spoiler...parking lot curb deal). IIRC he said it has 6K (ish) miles, red/tan, just came back from Costa Mesa for some work (?). It will be soon at the Maser or Bentley dealer in Palm Desert listed @ $116.5K...... but again he will take $110K for it (kind of bound up right now =).

Wish I could have seen the car in person to give you a more informed review, but PM me if you would like help to contact the owner. He's leaving Palm Desert fri/sat of this week.

cheers.

8. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #8 Cavallino Aficionado, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
    Hi Derek,

With a TR in trade on the table, numbers were chnaging left and right and when what seemed like a deal was made, the numbers would change yet again.

Sent you a PM

9. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Well the Nart 575 is off to a new home, not mine or my uncle’s. We weren’t too thrilled with working with Naples MS. They don’t seem to have the same passion and care for these cars as others. One thing that we were thrilled with was being able to contact the original dealer service department. Those guys know their stuff (FOD, you know who you are). Not only were they the original seller of the car but the 3rd and had a great service history. Here’s where the concern came in… No record of service from the last owner? It’s all a mystery and that wasn’t an easy feeling. There was a large rim rash on the right rear that was touched up by what appeared to be a can of silver paint? The right rear panel behind the wheel appeared to be repainted from possibly driving off the shoulder or picking up gravel debris. It was not performed up to par and easily noticeable to the eye. After our thorough PPI (by F1) it was determined the belts were due and the v-covers were leaving and not replaced the first time around. This last owner seemed to drive the balls off her. A beauty she was and the only Nart we could find in the states. If the new owner is out here in this forum I have a rap sheet from the dealer on all dealer history, shoot me a PM.

Ciao’

Brian

10. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Sometimes the best cars are the ones you pass on!!! Too bad this car wasn't all you hoped for. Sure had plenty of eyeball!!!!

Rob

11. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Yeah, it's still my wallpaper on my monitor :p

12. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    Don't do that to yourself. Now she will taunt you every time you logon....ouch.

ketel

13. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I'm sorry to hear that the Nart 575M slipped away. The most recent owner is a good client that purchased the car from Lamborghini Denver when the previous owner to him traded it for a Gallardo Spyder...I don't recall seeing the car in our service department after he purchased it from LoD but it really surprises me that the car didn't pass your PPI. As far as I'm concerned this was the prettiest Maranello I have ever sold. Hopefully you'll find the right car to enjoy very soon.

14. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Oh, and BTW...we were the first, second AND third seller of this car. I had sold the car to the first and third owner, lol! :)

15. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #15 Cavallino Aficionado, May 2, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
    Touche'!
    She's a beut!

16. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    #16 308 GTB, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I can understand you feeling that way. That 575M is magnificent! I particularly like the interior treatment. My Pozzi Blue 550 interior is also dark blue/tan with dark blue piping and dark blue carpeting (dark blue carpeting on the rear shelf). It's a very elegant combination.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    Knockout.

ketel

18. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Stunning...that is all I have to say :)

19. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Classy, yes!

20. FLFerrari

FLFerrari Rookie

May 3, 2009
    Hi, we are the new owners of the '02 Nart Blue 575M from Naples Motor Sports. What an awesome car. We stumbled upon your post while looking for any posts about Ferrari car covers. In your post you said you had unearthed the service records and would pass them on. That would be great. We named her Bella cause she's a beauty and a beast. Did you test drive this car? It just roars. It seems that you are now looking at 2 red 575's? There is a very nice rosso/tan heavily optioned one similiar to the blue one at Chariots of Palm Beach that we have personally seen. It is a very nice clean car. Their website is www.chariotsofpb.com. Hope that it helps.

21. FLFerrari

FLFerrari Rookie

May 3, 2009

22. toddros

toddros Rookie

Dec 20, 2003
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd Rosenthal
    Brian - you mentioned "We weren’t too thrilled with working with Naples MS. " That statement bothers me because from my knowledge we never met you, talked to you, or even communicated with you in any way directly with you. Am I missing something? I didn't come on here to start an argument but it bothers me that someone would say something negative about my company (or a car for that matter) that I have built up from scratch without me having any control over it because we never spoke. It seems that everyone hates car dealers. We are not allowed to make a living and we are always out to screw someone. That seems to be the notion.

Is it your uncle that may have dealt with us? (Franco?)

I do want to say if it was your uncle we went above and beyond to try to meet his expectations. We offered him the car before anybody else. We told him upfront we did NOT have records at the time. The dealer we bought the car from promised us records but we did not have them nor would we represent something we did not have. We also said because we did not have records we would disclose the car needed a service. I don't see anything wrong with that. I think being upfront is great.

I am glad this car went to a good home who appreciates the car. A very nice husband and wife are now the proud owners of the car!

You said we didn't have the passion or care for the cars is a WRONG statement. If it's your opinion without ever talking to us I believe is wrong. As a matter of fact when the new owner of the car came down to see it I explained I wanted it to go to someone who appreciates it. That particular car was probably one of the nicest looking and driving 575's we have ever seen!

Again, I did not come on here to start an arguement. As a matter of fact I have a policy here NOT to come on and respond because it seems to just have people get on to complain about car dealers in general. I believe we have a nice customer base with repeat customers. I've built the business up from long hours, working as hard as I can to do the best that I can. Of course we cannot make everyone happy but I go to bed at night knowing I tried.