Malfunction in the suspension system | FerrariChat

Malfunction in the suspension system

Discussion in '360/430' started by ferrariKP, May 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    #1 ferrariKP, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This morning, I took my CS for an exercise as usual, after a week break. When I started the car, a yellow warning sign lighted up. I was driving for five minutes before pulling over. Then, I restarted once again, this time that sign never come up. So I keep driving for another half an hour on race mode, without anything wrong I believe.

Anyone please tell what was happening to my car? Do I need to visit the dealer as manual said??....or it's just a fault signal to censors!

Cheers, Kenny
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. CyclingPeaks

CyclingPeaks Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2006
    Big Island, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Hunter Allen
    There is probably a fault with the sensor on the suspension. It could be a suspension problem, but more like the sensor is the problem.
    This happens occasionally with mine as well, but I have chosen to ignore it, since I know for certain there isn't a suspension problem.
    Typically mine only lights up when I have a full tank of gas and I go over a rough bit of road.

Hunter

3. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    I'd get it checked out with an SD/2. It could be as simple as an vertical acceleration sensor. There are 3 of these (two front and one rear) but you'll need to get it scanned to find out what is really going on.

4. bizz

bizz Formula Junior

May 26, 2008
    Redwood City, CA
    Full Name:
    joe B
    Mine did this too- it was after the car spent 2+ hours driving down the road, ABS sensors lit up as did this. I turned the car off, started it back up and never saw it again.

I have some service records that indicate that $8000+ was spent on the suspension to aleviate this problem of the ASR light, so I don't intend on fixing it again if it breaks. I'll just have some upgraded suspension put on and toss the stock stuff.

5. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Thanks for all replies!

6. Victor Li

Victor Li Karting

Sep 1, 2008
    Hong Kong
    I had this warning light on most of the time. Checked at Ferrari Centre, they said it was a malfunction of the sensor of the suspension. Will fix it tomorrow and hope this will kill the sign.

7. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Update: Driving mine again on Sunday, everything is perfect. Seeming like no more false signal to sensor.

8. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    got the same error by disconnecting the Sachs dampers wires.

9. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Kenny

my 355 would do this after sitting for an extended period of time. It would always go away after turning off the car and re-starting.

10. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Have you ever been thru SD3 analysis?

11. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Hey Kenny

no I actually had my 355 for a short period of time and only put about 800 miles on her. I did love it though, sold it to a great guy in NY :)