Targa Tasmania 360 Challenge Videos Day 2 | FerrariChat

Targa Tasmania 360 Challenge Videos Day 2

Discussion in 'Australia' started by goober, May 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 328gtsfan

328gtsfan Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2004
    Aus
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks again for the vids Goober... warts/burps and all.

It was interesting the number of "little crest" calls in one of the vids which it was hard to tell what they were for.. and then you got some air on the very next vid on another "little crest".

I gather you don't have a terratrip installed.. but is it stopwatch on the far of the dash?

Hope you and your Nav get into a good rhythm soon :)

All the best in the rally, look like fun!

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Very entertaining to watch. Thanks.

3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Very cool vids Goober! Thanks for sharing mate! :D:D

4. Albert V8

Albert V8 Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Very cool :cool:

5. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    I got car sick

6. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    Tell us about the HANS device, Goober.

Think it'd drive me crazy being restricted to that degree.

7. dkabab

dkabab Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2007
    Adelaide, Australia
    Full Name:
    David
    sifi or goober, can you run us through the pace notes.

the number before Right, ie 9right, is the higher the number the faster the corner?
    and then sometimes you say 9 right 150.... is the 150 the distance or a speed indication?

cheers

8. GTRMagic

GTRMagic Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Hey Mr Dee Jay....
    The flappy paddle gearbox looked like it was an advantage... matching revs perfectly, but far less time to shift, and you arent taking eyes/hands off the wheel....

Is the Ferrari good for midrange torque?

9. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    The higher the number the faster/straighter the corner.The 150(for your example) is the distance,sometimes,as Simon demonstrates,the driver needs to be told the info repeatedly as the driver(if competitive) is on it and can only take in so much info do to the concentration necessary.

10. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

correct, i tend to go into a zone when driving (insane zone) but there is only so much of the "use the force Luke" that one can take in at any one time, maybe someone more intelligent with a higher IQ could process more info.
    When Simon loses his place on the notes my response is always "lets just go for a drive" and drive so that if i can see the road then we go hard, if the road cant be seen then its time to sit and relax.

11. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Wow. Both seats are very stressful. Been waiting to have a look at these since my laptop went down.

Definitatley looks like fun. Goober you are very relaxed. Simon did a great job as well. Look forward to Classic Adelaides vidoes.

Again thanks for sharing. :)

12. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Losing your place is the pits.. the reliable GPS system I used for past few years in Classic Adelaide with me doing nav duty showed the benefits of such a system with anything less than a pro level nav in the seat.

Having such a system introduces more technology for example, screen, cables, PC and software.. all of which are going to add more points of failure but the system didnt blip at all in mounted to bare metal floor of 911 in hot weather etc.. so pros outweight cons and to track your progress through stage without losing your place.. (GPS receivers these days damn good even in challenging gorge/foliage conditions to get and keep your location smoothly fixed)

The nav duty I feel is to keep on top of notes and feed to driver how and when, and repeat as needed according to situation.. coming on screen doesnt detract from that important driver-nav link and just serves to give current info reliably to nav to have and to use without a mistake which is the ultimate aim.

13. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    omg....not again.