How to pack window motor bearings | FerrariChat

How to pack window motor bearings

Discussion in '308/328' started by jamesdean, May 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jamesdean

jamesdean Rookie

Mar 22, 2009
    Horseheads N.Y
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Just got my rear window motor back from being rebuilt and cant figure out how to get the cable and bearingsdown the shaft
    I tried greasing up the end of the housing and placing the bearings in the grease and turning the cable down the shaft but that didnt work

2. FF8929

FF8929 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2008
    Livonia, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Fred Flynn
    Dave, I think our phone conversation answered your question.

3. joemondial

joemondial Rookie

Mar 18, 2009
    Hi
    Can you please post answer, having the same problem...PS. where is good place to get the motor rebuilt ?
    Thanks

4. jamesdean

jamesdean Rookie

Mar 22, 2009
    Horseheads N.Y
    Full Name:
    Dave

Fred i wish the conversation did solve the problem but it hasnt the first plastic piece that goes on the shaft does not have a "groove" init so the next white plastic piece that goes on i dont believe retains the bearings i believe it only retainsthe plastic piece i could be wrong but theres no groove on the outside of the first one.

Ive put it together several times cleaned and lubed the cable assembled tore apart over and over im doing something wrong

i would like to send it to someone with some money and have it assembled and shipped back but dont know if thats possible

5. FF8929

FF8929 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2008
    Livonia, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Fred Flynn
    As Gen. Eisenhower said, upon learning of Gen. MacArthur's firing, by President Truman: "I'll be darned". I'll give you a call.

6. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    I don't realy get what is the problem, maybe it is just me... :D

Please send pictures and I will tell you what is wrong. That is, it seems I forgot to take pictures from my rearwindow project. It realy is easy job.
    Oh! and do not use normal workshop grease it is too thick and plastic clip does not hold bearing balls in.