Clear bras... are you a fan or not? | FerrariChat

Clear bras... are you a fan or not?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ThreeSixty, May 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ThreeSixty

ThreeSixty Karting

May 4, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    George G
    I've heard both sides of the argument whether to install a clear bra or just leave it as is. I wanted to see what the consensus is around here.

It would also help if you would explain why you are/aren't a fan.

Thanks in advance :)

2. RAKLAW

RAKLAW Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Westchester,NY & Sarasota FL
    Full Name:
    RAK
    Perhaps this is location biased based upon where you live and the road conditions...but here in the tri state area, NY CT NJ I would never drive any care I really care about without a bra. Have them installed either by the dealer prior to pick up, or if not happy with the firm the dealer uses based upon installtion inspection of prior work, arrange for install immediately after delivery.

Its all in the installation, but done right you will not obsess over the fact it is there.. After every drive, when I wipe off the car, I ususally see some mark that were it not for the bra would have marred the paint.

3. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    Huge fan! only if installed properly. It's all about the installation of the clear bra imo. There are crappy jobs to fantastic jobs out there. One's where no lines will be seen at all if you cover only the front bumper and or the entire hood. Many types of clear bra out there as well. ex: Venture Shield, 3M, etc etc..

4. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    As the other's have said. Clear bra is grt idea and extent of coverage depends on were you live, type of driving you do etc. If installed correctly bra is grt asset! Currently have one on the Modena, Viper and MB and no regrets.

5. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    A big fan. I wouldn't buy a car without one. And if I did, I would gladly pay big money to have it done.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I put one on mine because sometimes in Vegas, the wind can blow a virtual sandblaster at the car. Since putting it on, I no longer worry that when I drive it, it will still be red when I get it home. So, I enjoy driving more and worrying less.

The biggest disadvantage is that it does seem to have at some angles a slight orange peal look. But, most cannot tell the difference or even know it's there. Certainly there is no difference in color from the covered to uncovered areas.

So, I'm a fan. But, I think it depends on where you drive and under what conditions. Get and experienced person to do the installation and don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions.

7. Easyrider7467

Easyrider7467 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2005
    Northen N.J.
    Full Name:
    John
    Greatest addition.
    When I said to my GF the other day the clear film on the nose is great. She said "what clear film" "There's a clear bra there?"

She never noticed it, as well as other people too.

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

8. litespeed1

litespeed1 Karting

Jul 17, 2006
    Little Rock,Arkansas
    Big fan-had it on my MINI Cooper S,new Mustang GT and new daily driver Honda.if you think about it,the front is about the only area that you have no control over for chips.You can park a mile away but bugs and junk always hit your car in motion! MANY exotics have it today.

9. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Love it, had it on my Camaro and my ZO6 will have it too.

10. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Love clear bras but my GF gets upset when I stare too long at them...:D:D

11. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    totally off topic, but this thread and the " flashed in a Ferrari" thread are always together when i log in.

they read like " flashed, clear bra, Ferrari .... " to me sometimes when i am browsing the other thread topics.

;)

12. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I just came from the "Flashed while driving" thread...Thought this was something else.

13. Dodici Cilindri

Dodici Cilindri Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    Great Plains
    Absolutely, clear bras always look best on young women.

14. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    They protect the paint.
    Condoms protect the wearers against STDs and unwanted pregancies.
    I still don't like them......

15. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    LOL, so sorry for the hijack, but i am glad to see i am not alone.... :)

16. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Stone chips are for drivers, clear bras are for posers worried about resale values...

17. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    Hate them....when stones hit them, they rip and have to be replaced or you see small rip marks...also show dirt around edges...its easier and cheaper to just paint the front end IF you are really going to drive your car....for a garage display or a slow speed Sunday every other sunny day driver go with clear bra or actually go with nothing!

18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes, just like washing and waxing your car-- or changing your oil. How dare they! Poseurs....

19. Cleveland

Cleveland Rookie

Feb 3, 2009
    Can anyone point me to a reputable installer in CT or Near NY City for my Red 430? THANKS!

20. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Oil changes are okay, after all, you have to drive it to hit the interval.

Washing and waxing are okay, so long as you spend less than $15 for the wax at Autozone...

21. Darryl

Darryl Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    If you plan on selling your car one day without road rash, its the only way to go. I have no dings, etc. on my 360 because of it.
    Darryl

22. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    #22 robert_c, May 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Amen. Plus I noticed them while @ Ferrari dealer Lake Forest Sportscars. The clear bra on the 430 in their showroom was quite obvious without really having to look for it. Same with Lotus and their factory installed "starshield"

IMHO.

24. gf1red

gf1red Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Staten Island N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Clear bra all the way, I just had the entire nose and part of my rear bumper redone on my 355.

25. chopperdr

chopperdr Formula Junior

May 10, 2009
    oceanside/vancouver
    Full Name:
    cal meeker
    we just had both the scud and spider completely cleared bra, have to really look to see where it starts and stops, great install, very pleased.
    only the engine deck lid was not done.