SPAMed from AutoGallery | FerrariChat

SPAMed from AutoGallery

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by mrpcar, May 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrpcar

mrpcar Formula 3

May 27, 2007
    Chino hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Bought a 360 spider from them last year, and recently I have been getting spamed with oil change special phone calls, now automated recorded phone message for service specials.

Anyone else been getting their phone calls?

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  3. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I've gotten the same. I honestly don't mind the specials via email, some of them are very good but I could do without the automated calls. :)

4. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Ditto!

Tim

5. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I got a call too, and don't mind if it is from the Auto Gallery. Times are hard, name of the game is promote.
    My services are up to date, otherwise I would consider their promotion.

6. Stew

Stew Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I got the same automated call. No biggie.

Regards,

Stew

7. kev 355

kev 355 Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I got two of them. Then I got their emails as well. A little bit of over-promotion, if you ask me. But hey, it's still better than getting calls from "Diane" from the carpet cleaning service.

8. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I though Diane only called me. She does give great service.

9. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    I was recently contacted by a telemarketing company, they pitched me their "Aggressive Marketing Campaign". This is the same company doing those annoying car-warranty calls:

"This is an authorized notification that your car's warranty is about to expire......"

It's kinda interesting, they'll sell you 5,000 "calls" for $500 and average (guarantee) a 1.3% response. You design the out-going message, select zip-codes, demographics and days/times when you want the calls to go out. I turned them down, I don't want my company associated with such an "aggressive" marketing approach. Anyways, in the course of learning about their program the sales-rep disclosed that by pressing "9" it'll not only disconnect you but "opt" you out of their system. Since learning that, I've been tapping the 9-button and my telemarketing call volume has really gone down.

Somehow these people are getting around the "Do Not Call" list...and for that matter, a business line can not be placed on such list.

I doubt AG is using a large telemarketing company to manage their database...but I'm surprised they elected to approach their clientele in such a manner.

10. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Put your name on the "do not call list" and threaten them if they persist. That'll end the calls pretty quick.

11. kev 355

kev 355 Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The problem is that the telemarketers are increasingly resorting to hiding their identity by hiding their caller ID, not disclosing the name of the company, and getting you to press a number to talk to a real person. When you get through to someone to tell them to remove you from their marketing list (and/or telling them that you're on the DNC list), they will just hang up on you. Asking for the name and phone number of the company will also get you hung up on.

12. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

#12 SrfCity, May 10, 2009
    Last edited: May 10, 2009
    That's why I leave the ringer off at home. In most cases if you Google a number that calls frequently you'll find out who it is from others who've been called by the same one. In the OP's case if you busted on AG they'd stop as you know exactly where the calls are from and especially if you're on the DNC list.

13. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Unfortunately for those who (cleverly) opt/tap out these lists have their names and/or numbers sold about 15 times within 48 hours of doing so. They are going to get their value out of you one way or another.

Just hang up.

14. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have been getting a lot of political calls for the current and previous elections, both politicians and for state propostions.

15. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Yeah, telemarketer's are annoying, but there's worse. Far worse.

I knew this one guy who would constantly call, all he'd say is "What's up?" and then it was nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get off the phone with him. He's known for that, several many people have the same issue with his routine boredom calling. Never figured out it was him calling me and me hardly ever calling him. Creeped my wife out, annoyed me...but he did me a few favors and constantly played the guillt card if I didn't pay him homage. He'd bash EVERYONE, stroke-up his own ego and sneered down his arrogant nose when I had to answer my business line (sucks to have a job and actually work for a living). Lots of people think he's a psycho-jerk, but they still shake his hand and give him a smile. Very important that he think everyone else has the problem. Had some good qualities, but the negatives were unbearable. Not fun to have as an enemy, but easier then being his friend. Darn good thing he doesn't have YOUR phone number! ;) :D

16. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    I'm sorry, I won't call you any more ;)

17. cicatrix

cicatrix Karting

Sep 9, 2005
    USA 1
    It's better than those impotency emails.

18. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    so after numerous letters, emails and phone calls, I decided to break down and stop off for some FREE food at the auto gallery. It wasn't that bad.... Bagels, subway, fruit, water and some pastries. All in all it was worth the annoying methods of contact