Ferrari Memorabilia at Chevy/Vettefest | FerrariChat

Ferrari Memorabilia at Chevy/Vettefest

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Nov 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The next weekend,11/22 & 11/23, 9:00AM to 6:00PM, is the Chevy/Vettefest at McCormick Place-North Building. I believe that admission is $12.00 plus parking. I have attended for many, many years,as I've owned Corvettes (7) for 18 years,and have liked them about as long as I've loved Ferrari's. (own one of each,now) Anyway,there are alot of really neat cars. Not all 'Vettes. Alot of old '55-'57 Chevy's,Chevelles,Camaro's,etc... Sometimes,there are celebrities there,too. A few years back,we met 2 members of Aerosmith who were just walking around as customers. (they are big car guys) They went totally undetected...until I saw them! They were very gracious,gave us their autographs,and chatted with us for awhile about their music. But...The reason that I'm passing this along,is that there are always alot of Vendors there,that have Ferrari stuff For Sale. I bought a brand new Hotwheels 1:18 scale 288GTO for $15.00! I also bought lots of little Hotwheels Ferrari's ,including a Red/Black 308GTS. I also got 4 different Ferrari 308 posters(mounted on cardboard) for $5.00 each! I also found a brand new,in box,still shrink-wrapped Ferrari 308GTS "Magnum P.I." model by "Revell" for $20.00. Lastly,I found a porcelain coated,steel FERRARI "Cavalino" sign for $20.00. I believe that one guy had a light up "Ferrari Service" sign there last year. Forgot how much $$ . So,the Vendor and Swap area always has some goodies to check out. You never know what you'll find! Probably some Route 66 stuff there,too.

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Frankie Jr.,and I picked up a couple Black/Tan 550 Barchetta's ( 1:18 scale Hotwheels) at a Big Lots store,yesterday. I saw on another thread that they were closing them out for $9.99 for the 1:18 scale cars. The sale is over,but we got ours for $9.99 because they still had the sign posted. But,the regular price is only $12.99 anyway. But,VERY limited amounts.The Big Lots store that we went to had only the 2 Barchetta's,so we got both of them. But,they had a few Green Murcielago's,and 1 orange Saleen S7. So,if you have a Big Lots store near you,check them out. They may have a better selection of Ferrari's left.

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    We are planning on going Saturday A.M. I'll post,on THIS thread,if there's any good Ferrari stuff leftover,after we get ours. Probably Saturday afternoon. Like I already said. I do believe that last year I saw an original,Light up "Ferrari Service" sign. (amongst all of the other great posters,signs,cars,etc...that I already purchased) But,Mrs. said "NO MORE!!!" After I bought all of the other stuff. Well...THIS year,she's not invited! Boys day out,only!!!! Personally,I think that she only went along with us last year because she thought that we'd run into the members of Aerosmith again!

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    BTW,Andreas, You are right in the City. If you've got no plans,might want to attend this show to see how these "Professional Showcars" put on their displays,and "Show" their cars. Get some incite as to how and what to do for next year. They usually have some celebs,and all sorts of other stuff going on,too. You can get some Route 66 Rootbeer. Route 66 signs and memorabilia. Ferrari stuff. And,get some Corvette,Muscle car,and old Hot Rod pix to send back to your buddies back in Switzerland. I've attended for MANY years,and it's always a good time. Bill Wildt from "Motorsports Unlimited" will probably be there filming a show.(don't know what day,but,in the past he's always been there on a Saturday). He's "THE guy" who's doing "The Rock" show on Thanksgiving.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Junior and I are going early,to get in right when it opens,and out a couple hours later,before it starts getting crowded. I'll post if I see anything Ferrari that you guys may want. The show is open Sat. and Sun. 9-6. At McCormick Place-North.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,we're back. A long day,but we did get some good stuff. We got 5 little Hotwheels Ferrari's. All about a buck a piece. (Regular Price).Some we already have and some we didn't. We saw a Ferrari sign,about 18"H X 10"W. Porcelain covered steel. I already have one. yellow-gold all over,with a red,white and green stripe across the top,and a Black Cavalino on it. $20.00. A few Big Ferrari Stickers. About 10" X 10" same as the sign I just described. $10.00. Some 1:18 cars. But,we already had them. No big "Ferrari Service" light up sign,this time :( I would have definitely bought it...kickin' myself in the Ass for not buying it last year! Tons of other neat stuff,and had to get some Ryba's Mackinac Island Fudge! (right,just what I need!) Saw some of my buddies there showing their cars. Also,there's a guy who comes to these shows every time,that makes "Show Poster-Boards" for your display when you are showing your car. Custom looking. Has maybe a picture,and a discription of your car. A MUST for "Showing" your car!