Cost of ownership: Bentley Conti GT | FerrariChat

Cost of ownership: Bentley Conti GT

Discussion in 'British' started by lesterm, May 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    With the economy in the toilet, I've seen some ostensibly great deals on the Conti GT. Some were low enough to force me to consider adding one despite further economic uncertainty. The one's that are most attractive have 25,000-30,000 miles, and are MY2004, which are around $75,000. My question is, what can I expect in terms of reliability and maintenance costs? Does the VW platform translate into increased reliability and lower ownership costs, or can I expect the opposite? This won't be a daily driver, but close to one.

Also, in terms of deals, can I expect dealers to be relatively desperate in this climate? If the car is being advertised at around $75-80k, what should a ballpark offer be that won't be considered insulting?

2. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I had a GTC with zero issues and know a few people that have spurs and CGT's with no problems. I would advise to go with an 05 as 04 was the first year and although I don't know of any specific issues with an 04 I would assume the second year would be a safer bet. Great car a smoking deals out there right now.

3. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    Thanks for the feedback. Is regular maintenance relatively low cost?

4. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Don't know if it helps or not but one of the writers for Car Magazine (Ben Oliver? Ben Whitworth?) is currently using a Continental GT as a long term test. Might check out the past few issues to see what he says. I believe it's been so far glowing remarks.

5. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    I had the 10k mile service at the local AD several months ago. I believe it came in right around $1100. I believe the next service is 17,500 miles but not sure what it covers/costs. No issues whatsoever except for tire pressure monitor going off regularly but this happened in all the cars I looked at when I purchased this one.

6. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    Thanks to everyone for the information.

7. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    TPMS sensors seem to be the weak link...on one hand that is a good thing (the rest of the car is very well built), on the other hand, it's also a $2k+ repair if needed, ouch.

8. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    What about the air suspension?? I could see them being like a Range rover with more miles.