Fabspeed F430 High Performance Headers | FerrariChat

Fabspeed F430 High Performance Headers

Discussion in '360/430' started by Alex@fabspeed, May 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex@fabspeed

Alex@fabspeed Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2006
    Fort Washington, PA
    #1 Alex@fabspeed, May 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ferrari F430 High Performance Headers are IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!! Retail price is $3,595 Special price for Ferrari Chat members until June 1st $3,395

*Eliminates pre-cat in the collector
    *Fits all Ferrari F430 Berlinettas, Spiders and Scuderia 2005+
    *1 piece C.N.C. mandrel bent primary tubes that won't leak or fail.
    *High performance replacement headers- direct replacement for OEM stock
    *Formula 1 Indy car high velocity merge collector- for maximum scavenging and flow.
    *High performance T304L stainless CNC mandrel bent 1 piece primary tubes- cant leak or fail
    * TIG welded aircraft quality stainless steel mirror polished - show polished
    * Investment cast "lost wax casting" inlet flanges
    *Fits all cars worldwide.

This is a great solution for those of you that have cracked exhaust manifolds on your F430 or just want more power and sports car sound. Fabspeed has high performance headers that are a direct bolt-on replacement for the factory exhaust manifolds. Fabspeed headers are made of T304 Stainless Steel and incorporate a Formula 1 Indy Car high velocity merge collector. The concept of a merge collector is to build velocity through the venturi effect. Air passing through an hourglass-shaped venturi accelerates as it passes through the narrowest part of the venturi then slows down and expands as it emerges on the other side. This expansion creates a pressure drop, in effect siphoning air into the low-pressure side of the venturi and drawing more volume through the venturi. In a header collector, the venturi effect improves exhaust velocity and scavenging, which has effects on cylinder filling, the intake tract, and camshaft timing.

In the standard collector, the primary tubes are cut off flat and dump directly into the collector. In the merge collector, the primary tubes are sectioned and merge into a cone shape before the collector necks down to its minimum diameter. This design helps to shape the flow of gasses and improves the transition from the primaries to the collector, reducing the effect of the change in area on velocity.

The Fabspeed Maxflo F430 headers will work and compliment any brand of catalytic converter or rear muffler systems

Please feel free to check out our website www.fabspeed.com for more products for your F430. We are the premier East coast distributor and tuning center for EVOMSit software and have a great ECU flash for your F430.

Fabspeed Dyno Graph
    http://www.fabspeed.com/dyno30.html

FABSPEED F430 VIDEO
    http://vimeo.com/4417865
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    at least look very beautiful However, if you want performance and have 98 Gas, simply get an ECU upgrade & new airfilters ! More bang for your buck

3. Alex@fabspeed

Dec 6, 2006
    Fort Washington, PA
    Thanks for the support. What ECU flash do you have in your F430? Did you do a before and after dyno on the ECU flash and air filters?

4. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    That's the catch now isn't it. It is all well and good to say that it feels faster but Jeremy has pre and post dyno numbers to prove the performance gains.

I once had a dirt bike that I put new grips on. The new grips were the lobed grips. If you rode the bike before and after you would swear that it was faster with the new grips. BUT, you don't have to be very smart to know that grips didn't make the bike faster; you were just using more throttle. The point is "The butt dyno lies".

5. Eastwood

Eastwood Rookie

Mar 22, 2009
    Victoria, Canada
    What he's trying to say is that although Ferrari owners have deep pockets, there is NO WAY IN HELL that those headers are worth anywhere near the asking price.

What would you say the manufacturing price is compared to the selling price on those headers are???... probably a 1000% markup.

6. Alex@fabspeed

Dec 6, 2006
    Fort Washington, PA
    Are you serious!!!

Do a search on the Web and check out how much other companies are charging : )

7. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    What does manufacturing cost have to do with value? I think the point is - If you don't want them don't buy them. Also, don't pointlessly shell our sponsors. Sponsors help keep this forum alive.

Fabspeed makes a great product. Good quality, good support, and they provide verified results. That is more than can be said for many companies.

Jeremy, I don't think you should address this type of post. In the open sections there are 10 posers, or more, for every owner. Funny how there is always discussion of cost, depreciation, etc. in the open forum but the owners forum doesn't discuss it at all. Fortunately there are many owners and non-owners who are genuinely interested in cars and want to participate in a constructive way and don't feel the need to demean others to make themselves feel better.

8. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    I could not agree more with John here. Eastwood's comments do not correlate to those of business experience.

There is considerable work to develop and market a product. If you doubt it, try it some time!

It's for damn sure Fabspeed's headers are not only superior to what Ferrari provided they are a whole lot less $!

Then there's the issue of performance. I doubt that's a problem for Fabspeed.

9. Alex@fabspeed

Dec 6, 2006
    Fort Washington, PA
    I appreciate your support and kind words. Our main goal at Fabspeed is to design and manufacture the very best product for these cars. I don't think people understand the amount of R&D that is put into designing and testing these headers.

10. Alex@fabspeed

Dec 6, 2006
    Fort Washington, PA
    Thanks Greg!

We will continue to make great products and support the Ferrari-Chat Community!

11. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Jeremy

I think John and I will be after you by the summer maybe for headers.

What's the progress with David's install in Florida?

12. highway

highway Karting

Aug 27, 2007
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    For how many headers they sell that really isn't a bad price at all. Production headers for import cars, 3000gt / Supra are about 2,000-2,500 for headers that sell every day. You really can't beat that price.

13. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    Eastwood, I think you need a reality check.

If you buy the stock headers you will be spending around 10g.
    The ss fabspeed uses is not only superior to the factory product but the fabrication and welds are first rate as well.
    The only issue to me is the lack of heat shields.......
    but as for the price.....I have no issues whatsover.

14. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    I like those collectors :)!!!

15. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Keep your hands off them!!!!!

16. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Those are darn fine looking headers by anyone's standards. I have to say, I was pretty luke warm on fabspeed when they first started offering products for the 360. However, after watching their progression into the Ferrari market and after seeing some of their recent attention to detail in products such as their headers, I have to say my opinion is starting to change for the better.

Ray

17. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    I have Kreisseig headers with NR cats NR exhaust ECU upgrade and NR airbox in the 430 with all this the car sounds like a FK&%/%/ MONSTER and runs very good it is faster than SCUDS,I think headers help.
    I remember that when I installed the headers the car volume went up by 20%,I covered with thermal isolator tape to prevent fire....

18. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Jermey,

There is no doubt in my mind that you can get more horsepower and torque with you aftermarket headers as is. But don't you think we could get even more out of your set-up if the ECU's could be optimized? Do you guys know anyone west coast doing ECU reflash with good reputations for positive results and no blown motors? If there are no flash programers what about piggly back fuel controlers that can work at wide open throttle?

19. Alex@fabspeed

Dec 6, 2006
    Fort Washington, PA
    You are 100% on the money that an ECU flash will optimize the performance of these headers even more. The car that we installed the headers on is a good friend of mine and he wasnt interested in the ECU flash right now. The car is 3 years old and only has 700 miles on it!! He rarely ever drives the car.

We are the East coast premier tuning Center for the EVOMSit software. Check out there website www.evomsit.com. I was on the dyno for the past couple weeks tuning our F360 to squeek some more power out of her : ) I work very closely with them everyday making custom files for our Performance packages.

20. Alex@fabspeed

Dec 6, 2006
    Fort Washington, PA
    I just want to thank everyone else as well for the kind words and support. It means alot to us!

21. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #21 RossoCorsaItaly, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
    Actually try no bang for your buck. I've yet to see any ECU's that add more than 5rwhp and we tested most of the big names a few years ago.

Eastwood - You are an idiot, thank you for making it clear you have absolutely zero experience in this field and like to run your mouth. I can make a F430 header for $300/set, unfortunately it would require me to order 1000 sets at a time and have them built in China with questionable quality. When these are being HANDCRAFTED in the U.S. at a low volume of 15-30 sets/year the price is VERY reasonable. Hopefully 4 posts is all we see out of you.

22. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    When I looked in to this possibility two firms indicated that the most notable improvement would be gas mileage due to optomization of the fuel burn with some additional mid-range increase.

That's a ton of $ to pay for a bit of increased fuel mileage.

23. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Awesome...I'll PM you on a pet project

Thanks!