Unusual Transmission/Clutch Behavior - any ideas? | FerrariChat

Unusual Transmission/Clutch Behavior - any ideas?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 575joe, May 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 575joe

575joe Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    2004 575 F1.
    This has now happened twice to me.
    Driving briskly. Did a couple of quick acceleration runs from rest to about 100mph back to back. Soft start (no clutch slippage on take-off). When coming to rest on the second run, car almost stalled - it seemed to be stuck in gear, and the clutch was not releasing - finally released just before it stalled. Car went into reduced power mode. Drove it that way a few miles, then stopped, turned engine off and restarted - everything was fine.
    First time this happend took it to Ferrari dealer - they could not find anything wrong, but changed all fluids just in case.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions? (I an assuming that the system must be detecting an overheated clutch or transmisison, and putting it into limp mode, but I am puzzled as to why the clutch would not disengage, and it nearly stalled)
    Thanks

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    There is no transmission heat monitoring and a clutch overheat will not do that.

Find a better dealer. It is still surprising to me how many know so little and are so helpless on F1's. It should just not be that hard to find and fix.

You are not one of those people that turn you battery off are you?

3. 575joe

575joe Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Trickle charger user- battery never turned off.

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    If that is the case it should be leaving some recorded evidence of the event. But even if it is not there are only a few things that can cause the problem and some rectification efforts can and should be made.

Like I said, you really need to find someone who is more up to speed on understanding and fixing these cars.