CS Price check | Page 3 | FerrariChat

CS Price check

Discussion in '360/430' started by riverflyer, May 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tahoe Guy

Tahoe Guy Karting

Jan 16, 2006
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    #51 Tahoe Guy, May 10, 2009
    Last edited: May 10, 2009
    Ron Tonkin is sitting on 2 BRAND NEW MSO Scuds. A black one and a yellow one and they are trying to sell them at sticker and still no takers yet. $ 360k for a 10k car is not even a joke it is delusional.

As far as 360 CS Tonkin has been sitting on 2 of those also (coincidence) with no takers for a few months for one and more than a couple for the other. Asking price is one thing in this market, selling price is a totally different thing. It depends on the dealership. I know Tonkin has been hit very hard by this economic downturn. His Chevy dealership has little inventory and barely any traffic from what I have seen. Tonkin is known to be patient, however when there isn't money coming in to pay the bills, patience changes doesn't it?

I say if you are in the market for a 360 or Scud find one you like and make an offer that seems low. You just might be surprised and might have a car on a truck quicker than you can say "heavy recession". Just my 2 cents worth. ;)

2. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    prices seem to have stabilized. In another 6 months or so, I can see pricing trickle upward. Looks like things are starting to improve

3. dr_kb

dr_kb Rookie

Nov 26, 2007
    Silicon Valley Auto has a TDF Blue CS with lots of rock chips for $150

I see it every time i bike past the lot

4. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Pricing is simply a question of do you need the moeny or not, there are 12 to 13,000 430's but way less that 1,000 CS globally IF we take into account those written off

5. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Here's one currently on Ebay. I know nothing about the car but thought it was interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-2005-PORSCHE-CARRERA-GT-RARE-1-OWNER-LOADED-WOW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ66Q3a4Q7c65Q3a3Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1308Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a200QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4ce91ea278QQitemZ330328613496QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#ht_8129wt_1346

6. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    that's a high mileage CS 22,500k miles. That should be the lowest priced CS in the country. It's not at 150k

7. Forexpreneur

Forexpreneur Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    If things truly were to stabalize in the next 6 months I would say a small trickle upwards, however hate to be the bearer of bad news but we are headed for another big slip down. This ralley is a bear ralley and nothing more. This is not a normal recession by any stretch of the imagination even though the White House and CNBC would have you think otherwise. The Great Depression had 6 ralleys with each ralley giving a sharp downturn. This has the makings of a 10 to 15 year recession and a heavy one.

Not too many CSs have changed hands in the last 6 months (seeing the same basic inventory in dealerships and same being advertised in various places fro private parties) so even though it appears prices have stabalized I don't think they have.

However in 6 months if things have improved drastically, refer me to this post and I will admit my being wrong ;).

"It's not wether you are right or wrong that's important but how money you make when you are right, and how much you loose when you are wrong.'

George Sorros

8. Forexpreneur

Forexpreneur Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    That is because that car has quite a few miles on the track also. Absolutely beautiful color combo on that car. It has to be a one off with that interior. TDF Blue with the black and blue Alcantara interior with blue brakes and yellow lettering. The car is an incredible color combo. The rock chips can be painted. However the price needs to be lower.

9. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Seems to be some kind of reality check going on right now on the FerrariAds.com. Awhile back a lovely CS with stripe was listed for $160K, a bit later, same car was listed at $165K, now, latest listing is at $169K. This is either an example price adjustments due to some economic stimulus I'm not aware of, or a reflection that it's very hard to let go of a Challenge Stradale.

10. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Reality check or delusion. Who puts these cars for sale then adjusts the price UP in this economy.

11. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    I can tell you!!!!

a guy whose wife told him....you gotta sell that D#@m car!!

Ok honey...im trying but people just arent buying now!!

12. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    So wouldnt you lower the price not increase it?

13. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    I too have seen this car and it looks good in pictures. In person, at least the exterior, needs some major detailing work not to mention getting the front end resprayed.

14. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    ummmm.......not if you really didnt want it to sell.

15. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Ok, I get it now.

16. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Good one! Sounds like you may be talking from experience;)!

17. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Hey!!! I resemble that remark!

18. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    The CS seems to hold its value well. I'm trying to sell mine and have had a couple of offers but all low-ball so didn't take them. Anyone looking for a Tour de France Blue Stradale with Stripe? :D

19. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Ah a real seller brave enough to post..LOL. Curious what do you consider low ball? Can you tell us about your car..mileage, options etc. Thanks

20. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Exactly my thoughts. LOL!! I've seen this "trick" exercised with at least three CS's recently... I wonder what drives this irrational pricing behavior; I don't think sellers magically believe they are priced too low and thus raise their price.

21. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Actually, this same car was originally listed @ $180k, then $175k, $160k, eBay buy-it-now for $159k, then $160k, $165k and now $169k. LOL! WTF. I'm doubting it's the latter.

22. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    There are 3 at Cats Exotics;
    http://www.catsexotics.com/web/1317/inventory?make_id=24
    The red one sans stripe for $157k is well known in the local Ferrari Club and the muilti-Ferrari owner is very attentive to cleanliness and upkeep on his cars - we see it often on club drives.
    The Black one is also very nice and shown often at shows and gatherings. Again, the owner also has many cars in his stable to chose from. Last time it showed I really was put back by how much I like the color and ended up walking around it in circles.

23. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    A 12000 mile cs for 180k! Talk about reality check...
    I like the way he is selling an R8 for 117888 and the owner is selling the same car on autotrader for $109,900. I guess with Cats you must get a keychain or logo bag thrown in!

24. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    There are 11 Stradales on eBay today + 1 Modena "Stradale" conversion.

25. CS 4 ME

CS 4 ME Rookie

Mar 1, 2008
    Allen, Tx
    Nice, I want a black one or one with a stripe :)

The one with the scope I like the concept but it just looks wrong.