New aero regulations: More crashes than usual at Monaco? | FerrariChat

New aero regulations: More crashes than usual at Monaco?

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, May 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    So what do you think? We will see more cars crashed or taken out because of the new areo package? Hopefully dumb ass Max Mosley will realize to change to rules back.

2. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    why would you expect more? crashes are actually down so far, from last year.

3. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    I think he means less downforce at a maximum downforce track. I'm not sure, I think the drivers will know not to push as hard cause the downforce levels are not there.

4. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Actually what I mean is I am referring to Nick Heidfeld concern earlier in the year that with new Front wings there would be more accidents caused because they are so huge. Now with Monaco having so many barriers and being tight and I am sure there will more contact.

5. F&M racing

F&M racing Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    JimF
    You just have more wing contact, no different than before. No big deal, I don't see any problems here. Any time you stick wings on a car their vulnerable small or large especially on the front.

6. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Well those slicks are there and the cars are actually quicker than last year.Yet with 30-50% of last year's downforce cut(initially was 50% but teams are good with clawing back),Monacomight not be an ideal place to show the 2009-spec cars full potential.I just dont wanna see any carbon shards in the swimming pool(none of the Scuderia's atleast).

7. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I'm looking forward to Monaco. With the different trye options and some cars with KERS there should be some good overtaking for a change.