GTR Haters.. confirmed 7.29 round 2 | FerrariChat

GTR Haters.. confirmed 7.29 round 2

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by laswyguy, May 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
  2. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Don't you know?

Every GTR that comes out of the Nissan factory is a "ringer" and thus all of their lap times are meaningless.

And Porsche, whose chief engineer knows how to drive the GTR better than Nissan's chief driver, could not replicate that lap.

3. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    just like Walter Rhorl did 7:45 in the Scuderia? you dont think a little sandbagging was involved? LOL...

4. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    They all just need to STFU, put Sabine in each car, and compare her lap times. Pull cars off showroom floor, OE tires, add rollbars/fire equip. Same driver, probably more ring miles than Rohrl, and independent (no BMW has a dog in this fight). I'd like to see rain laptimes too.

5. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
  6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Yep.

I've said more than a few times that Ring Time Marketing is pointless for street cars, since Sabine could outdrive 99.9% of the world's drivers around the ring in a panel van.

7. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Still hideous at any speed.

8. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Hellooo, Ralph.

9. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    +1.

I cant see the point in taking any notice of these times for any car until they do. I am not in denial about the GTR being faster than many Ferraris either, most on here probably know its true and many of them will simply not care.

10. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

#10 Kds, May 15, 2009
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
    It wouoldn't matter if the GTR did it in 5.00...............I wouldn't be caught dead driving something that fugly, or anything Japanese.

Rosie O'Donnell probably gives a wild hummer too, but you'd want to have the lights out first and would never want to be seen in public with her either.

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Great, the faster it is , the less i ll see it.

12. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I'm still gonna rise the BS flag.

13. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    i heard that Toyota just won the global contract on Hearse Funeral Cars. I guess you'll be in one sooner or later.

14. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Exactly, it's a way for fanboys to get off.

15. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I think the GTR is not an ugly car, different, but not ugly. Very few cars today manged to be beautiful, too much regulation of many key styling areas of cars for that. There still are good looking cars made though. I'm probably different then most that post on this board however.

'Ring times where well and good until manufacturers started messing with them. If a manufacturer wants to brag about their car at a track - it should be in RACING, not trying to rent the track out and hot lap it, as day to day conditions will affect laptimes. If only we had something like what NASCAR used to be - stock car racing.

16. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    looks are subjective to taste.. anyways.. this thread isnt about looks rather than the numbers around the ring. Read the article I posted, you have a verified third party saying they could squeeze 15 seconds off ring times in the GTR with a banzai driver and better (optional factory) tires.

17. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I will NEVER ever believe that it can beat a Pagani Zonda F ClubSport which weighs 1000 pounds less and has 170 more HP on ANY track in this world. Even if you got the statement from Walter Röhrl. Does not compute!

Love it for what it is, but come on...

18. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
  19. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    how does that relate to the topic? you only need to go one time around the ring.

20. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    so can a Porsche Gt-2 beat your Zonda? The fact is.. the GTR is faster than a PCar turbo and slighlty slower than a GT-2.. deal with it.

21. wjw300tt

wjw300tt Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    chilliwack BC Canada
    So you wouldnt want one of these either because its made in Japan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_2000GT

22. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

No, I don't believe a GT2 can either. Now what's your arguement?

23. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times

7.27 for the Zonda, and when did Zonda come into the conversation? The comparison, is GT2 vs GTR (base model) which is verified by an independent third party times to be close to par (2 seconds) with same type tires (Dunlops vs Cup Sports) on same day, same driver, same track conditions. The real test will be the Spec V vs GT2.

24. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
  25. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Well at least you are honest.