355 alarm disarming | FerrariChat

355 alarm disarming

Discussion in '348/355' started by Manuel, May 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Manuel

Manuel Rookie

Oct 19, 2004
    San Juan,Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Manuel del Valle
    Has anyone had a problem disarming the alarm using the remote? The siren/battery (behind the front spoiler) in my 1998 355 has just been replaced. I have also replaced the batteries in all my remotes ( 1 x Red, 2 x Black). Nevertheless, I press must the button on the Red remote way too many times before I hear the 2 beeps signaling the alarm has been disarmed and the car can then be started. Is it possible there is a problem with the alarm receiver (antenna)? The batteries of both the siren/alarm and the remote are new, should I check something else? I would appreciate any suggestions. I have read many posts about 355 alarm but, as far as I can tell, no one has had problems with the system's receiver.

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Contact user eric355---He is very smart when it comes to this stuff....

3. eyboro

eyboro Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2004
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Eitan
    I had the same problem; Make sure that the battery inside the remote is snag, use a little scuch tape to hold battery so it wont move.

4. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    Do you have the same symptoms wherever you are?
    Do you have the same with the 3 remotes?
    If yes to both, I would remove the cover over the alarm ECU and reroute the receiver antenna (black rigid wire). Try to extent it in longer straight parts and to place it a bit more far away from the firewall or the ECU box. This should optimise the reception of the antenna and may help if it was just on the limit.
    If only 1 remote is concerned, have a look at the LED on it. Does it light well when you press the remote or is it dimmed or with some hesitations? In such a case have a look at, and clean, the battery contacts, or it can be due to the switch which have dirty contacts.
    If it depends of your location, the transmission can be disturbed by external radio noise (e.g. luminescent lights, mobile, ...), and become inneficient, even more easily if it is already weak (cf antenna optimisation).

5. Manuel

Manuel Rookie

Oct 19, 2004
    San Juan,Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Manuel del Valle
    Thank you kindly for your advise.
    I rerouted the receiver antenna and all remotes are working fine. The receiver wire was partially hidden behind the carpeting.

6. dann

dann Rookie

Apr 15, 2009
    Cambridge, England
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Hi i have the same issue , can you tell me where the alarm antenna is located please. I have seen pictures ofthe antenna on the forum but dont know how to get to it.

its a uk 95 f355

thanks in advancce

dann