HELP - Hyperflow Installation Problem | FerrariChat

HELP - Hyperflow Installation Problem

Discussion in '348/355' started by Monteman, May 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    I just finished installing a set of Hyperflow cats on my car (355 5.2). I took my time and everything went smoothly but I wasn't quite comfortable with the tightness of the fit of the sleeve that goes on the end of the cat where the cat meets the muffler (Tubi). I just couldn't get it tight enough and sure enough when I start it up, there is a very slight leak. I doubt this is normal but would be curious if anyone can tell me if the Hyperflow requires a different sleeve or if I've simply done something wrong on the installation.

Thanks!

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I would measure the diameter of the Hyperflow pipe end, and compare that to the diameter of the oem cat...that will tell you everything you need to know. Becare with overtightening any of those parts...they can all be broken if you are too aggressive with your tightening torque.

3. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Measured and they're identical. I'm going to loosen everything up in the morning and start looking on how I can close the gaps. Any suggestions on the sequence order of tightening things back up?