Alarm siren | FerrariChat

Alarm siren

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by fc_11, May 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fc_11

fc_11 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    NY
    My alarm siren is acting up - its not doing the bip-bip consistently. I've searched the past posts and understand its an issue with the nicads failing. Biggest problem I have is I can't find the darn thing.

Anyone know where it is in a 2005 575? I've looked around extensively by the headlights (rumored location on a 2004 575) but don't see it. Parts diagram at Ricambi is no help either; and it appears it was relocated on the 550s - so perhaps the same on the late build 575s.

Any info/photos/etc is appreciated.

2. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Though it's accessible in the 550 underneath the passenger side headlight, the siren module in the 575M is a harder to access without removing the bumper.

Barry

3. Jettafanatic

Jettafanatic Karting

Nov 8, 2008
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Claudio
    In a 99 550 it is exactly underneath the rer portion of the passenger headlight. This is removed easily though remember one of the rear bolts has a nut underneath the headlight you better hold onto with you other hand or adios ( ask me why i know...). Very easy to replace.
    Try and look, takes 5 min to remove / replace headlight.ùCheers and good luck!