Smelly deal | FerrariChat

Smelly deal

Discussion in '308/328' started by klatu, May 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. klatu

klatu Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Mckinney
    Hi kids,
    I have had my 81 308 GTSi now for 3 mo. and finding all kinds of little things to fix, I love it. The latest is the old musty smell. I figured it must be the old carpet. I tried all kinds or odor eater sprays and stuff, but the thing still stinks, uggh. So, I must now consider replacing the carpeting. Any suggestions would be great.
    Rob

2. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    at most pet stores they have a solution in a white bottle that kills all odors mostly in carpets try that first,and there's a produtuct called ozone its a spray it works great

3. klatu

klatu Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Mckinney
    We are part of the animal kingdom, and my wife thinks we are a zoo so the stuff I've been using is the pet stuff. The more I use, it seems to get badder and worser. It's a good thing that my windows won't go up right now.
    Rob

4. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    sounds like you have a list of things to do on your car,if you need anything let me know,thers a few places up here that break ferrari's and sell new and used stuff for 308's,at a price that won't kill you!!

5. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You might have to pull up the carpets and get to the sound-dampening insulation/padding beneath if the mustiness was the result of the carpets getting wet/holding water. When it grows mold/gets musty, the smell will persist even if the carpets are clean.

6. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    +1

7. klatu

klatu Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Mckinney
    Thanks guys, Since there is considerable wear on the driver side carpet on the threshold, I may have just talked myself into replacing it. Any ideas on where to start.
    Rob

8. Helmut

Helmut Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2004
    where exactly do you find that sound dampening padding insulation? :)

9. Helmut

Helmut Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2004
  10. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    #11 irondogmike, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
    make sure you look at carpets,then ferrari and go to coupe,they have 308's there,not bad prices other