Car Show/Fundraiser for Roswell Police Department Mid-May... | FerrariChat

Car Show/Fundraiser for Roswell Police Department Mid-May...

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by DiabloRoadster98, Apr 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DiabloRoadster98

Feb 5, 2009
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I am involved in planning an event in Roswell toward the middle of May (thinking May16th). We're hoping to gain sponsors from a handful of local businesses in Roswell /Alpharetta or anywhere in the Atlanta area. The City of Roswell is raising money for a new SWAT vehicle (around 50K from what i understand) and seeing as how I know a few of the officers in the Roswell PD-and know a few friends who have some really nice cars- I made a suggestion that we have a car show, and they loved the idea. So far - and again we are just in the beginnning stages of planning this- we have a few food vendors already lined up who will be donating food, door prizes, etc. as well as live music and a DJ have also offered their services. I've never arranged one of these before- so any help would be appreciated. It will be open to all makes models etc, and the City of Roswell will be handing out awards for all different classes of vehicles. Anyone with any suggesstions or if you are able to help in any way- please let me know!

Thanks everyone!!

2. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    sounds llike agood cause. over the years i met some of the roswell pd on sunday am drives and they are pretty cool. I may be able to help.

3. DiabloRoadster98

Feb 5, 2009
    I would appreciate anything you would be willing to help with. I'm fairly certain we'll be able to help them raise a few dollars....
    Thanks again!

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Just make sure they don't use any of the money for new radar/laser guns...

5. DiabloRoadster98

Feb 5, 2009
    Thats true...I wonder if we can make that a stipulation for the funds raised. Actually they have been trying to raise funds for some time, and I know a handful of us live in and around the area- it doesn't hurt to help out the local PD.

6. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    I found out May 16 is british car day. I'll need to be there.

7. DiabloRoadster98

Feb 5, 2009
    We havent set the date in stone- we should be able to push it to the 17th, as I would love to have the Lotus guys and others there as well.

8. DiabloRoadster98

Feb 5, 2009
    It looks like we have finally cleared a tenative date for this show....May 30th, 2009. It looks like all donations will be a write off through the City of Roswell, and at this time we have a number of potential sponsors lined up. We are considering a donation of around $25.00 (or more) per vehicle to register the day of the show- and as stated we are welcoming ALL types of vehicles. Awards will be presented by the City, and i think there may be some demonstrations by the SWAT team as well...should be pretty cool. We are also trying to get the Fire Department to bring some trucks by for the kids, and there will be (obviously) police cars as well along with some vintage military machines from what i gather.

Again any help from anyone would be appreciated- more info will poasted as it becomes available!!

Thanks again!!

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I expect to be in town that weekend, so if that's the date, I'm in.

10. DiabloRoadster98

Feb 5, 2009
    Just wanted to let everyone know we have begun lining up some sponsors etc, and things are in motion. The City of Roswell and the Roswell PD are very apprecaitive and hopes that we can bring a good turnout. Are there any other clubs/marques out there that may want to be involved as I know some of us have a few different makes and models in the stable? If anyone is affiliated with any - please PM me or post here...

I will keep updating as we get more information!!

Keep your calendars open for May 30th!

Thanks

11. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    Great, now that it's on the 30th I'll be there with the Aston.

12. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Doug........Count me in also.

BobR

13. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    30th works for me. where will it be?

14. DiabloRoadster98

Feb 5, 2009
    We have decided on the shopping center where Aqua Blue, Twisted Taco, LA Boxing and Londzells is located (just past the PGA Superstore on the left). It's east on Holcomb bridge right off GA400. These are a handful of the sponsors of the event - and the lot holds around 200 vehicles with plenty of parking for attendees as well. Again - thanks for the support..it is appreciated!!

15. DiabloRoadster98

Feb 5, 2009
    UPDATE: We are getting closer to the May 30th car show in Roswell to benefit the Roswell Police Department, and things are moving right along. The folks in the Police Department are really looking forward to a great turnout. We are expecting some interesting vehicles, and there will be a some great food and a live band as well. Should be really nice, and we appreciate everyones support! If anyone needs directions - East off Exit 7 Holcomb Bridge (GA400), go about 1/4 mile and there will be banners and signs pointing the way!

Thanks!!

16. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth
    What time should we show up?

17. DiabloRoadster98

Feb 5, 2009
    We'll be allowing vehicles in at any time in the AM...show officially kicks off at 11 and runs until 4. We'll be allowing spectators and owners to vote for all classes of cars, and awards will be given prior to the 4PM cutoff to allow people who have other plans that evening make it home at a decent hour.
    There is a really cool jazz club that just opened there as well called Londzells - also Twisted Taco and Aqua Blue- so there will be food and cocktails for those of you who would like to make a day of it.

18. DiabloRoadster98

Feb 5, 2009
    UPDATE: We have found out the Mayor of Roswell as well as the Chief of Police (Roswell) will be presenting awards at this event. We are really looking forward to a great turnout - hopefully you can all make it out- and thanks again for the support!!

19. mwhitesell

mwhitesell Formula 3

Sep 17, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark

Awesome. Lots of cocktails, fast cars, and police. Great combination ;)
    I'll be there, since it's not far for me. Maybe the rain will stay away that weekend.

20. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    I will come, network and name drop to get out of tickets :D

21. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    I plan on being there, unless I get into the tennis tournament finals that weekend. Does this mean I have to wash my car if I put it in the car show? LOL

Ciao,
    George

22. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    Does anyone have any idea how many and what type of cars you are expecting to attend?

23. allans

allans Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    roswell, ga
    Full Name:
    allan
    Doug, The Nurburgring production car Record Holder - Big Bad Black ACR will be there, with me! Allan

24. DiabloRoadster98

Feb 5, 2009
    We're expecting a number of different flavors from antique to exotic. This week Q100 has will be playing radio spots, and 99X will be doing a live remote at the show. We're expecting a great turnout, and again I wanted to thank everyone for their support- see you all on the 30th!!

25. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    Sounds like a great show! I will be there with some rare American muscle!