Is P Zero Rosso that much better than RE050A? | FerrariChat

Is P Zero Rosso that much better than RE050A?

Discussion in '360/430' started by alecela, May 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alecela

alecela Formula Junior

May 12, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Jester
    It's about time to get new front tires and I'm contemplating the two for my 360 spider:

Pirelli P Zero Rosso Direzionale
    Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

While I have mainly gone w/ P zero in the past, I've heard good things on Bridgestone. Moreover, the P zero is commending 25% premium over the bridgestone which makes me wonder. I agree in the grand scheme of thing it's not much difference but I'm curious as to your collective thoughts? Afterall, the F1 teams are running w/ bridgestone right? :)

FYI they'll be mounted on 19" HRE wheels and the rear tires are P Zero Rosso as well.

2. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Do I understand you correctly that considering two different tires for the front and rear? If so I would re-think that, bad idea. Your tire purchase should be based on weather and road conditions and type of driving. If your only considering the best performance/handling dry weather tire IMO it would be the OEM Pirelli PZero Corsa System tires.

3. alecela

alecela Formula Junior

May 12, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Jester
    #3 alecela, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
    If I were to go to Bridgestone, I would do both front and rear... Obviously if I stay with P Zero Rosso, I would just do the front this time.

So I guess Corsa is the new favourite? If I do go to Corsa, I would imagine I have to do both front & rears as well?

No I would NEVER take my car out in rain so dry weather performance is indeed the one I care for.

4. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Assuming you are talking about all four tires being from the same company, I just switched my worn Bridgestones out for Perellis and think the Perellis are much better in terms of grip and ride.

5. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Have you considered Michelin PS2's? I just put them on my 430 replacing the Pirellis. I like the Pirellis but they are expensive and wear very quickly. From the driver's seat, I would have a hard time tellinig which brand is on the car but I can see the Michelins are defintitely going to last longer. I've not had the Bridgestones but a lot of new cars come with them, including 430's.

Dave