What is the worst car you have ever driven? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What is the worst car you have ever driven?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jk0001, May 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Lol.

2. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.

Rob that is a "Duck." Citron I think.

I have a neighbor who collects them. Has at least two and maybe three. Drives them all the time.

3. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Correct its a Citroen 2CV. The girl i mentioned in my earlier posts parents used to collect them also, cant think why :)

4. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    The Pinto is a classic business/engineering ethics case. To properly fix the problem on all Pintos would have cost Ford about $10 each. This cost however was more than they anticipated having to pay out for deaths caused by the gas tank fires, about $250k each IIRC. Initially they elected to not fix the tanks and just pay for deaths.

5. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    #55 climb, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009

Took the words right out of my mouth. The second i read the thread topic i instantly went back 24 years to the worst car i'd ever driven and it was an early eighties Chevette.

A very close second was a 1986 Corvette. While never a big vette fan i at least respected the marque 'till i actually drove one OMG!!!

It looked ok but when you got inside all the black plastic pieces had faded and all to different shades of ash grey. The armrest had deflated from the owners elbow resting on it. I thought the leather was actually plastic too. The door panel was warped and as i shut the door various bits rattled inside the door. Started the engine and it sounded ok but the shifter felt like a baseball bat in a barrel of coconuts. Once i got underway rattles everywhere and the odd seating position made you feel pushed up against the left door panel. Like the inside the outside had faded and the front and rear clip warped to where they didn't match up to the car anymore. This car was only 5 years old at the time.

I had no idea.

6. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    lets see more pictures of these beasts

7. pbfoot

pbfoot Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    #57 pbfoot, May 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dodge Avenger. What was particularly troubling was the area circled in red-I never understood why they increased the blind spot by 100%. Also-cover the front of the car with your hand from the rear quarter forward-the rear end looks exactly like that of a Mazda RX-8, flaring fender and all.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #58 luv2detail, May 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    About 6 years ago I was visiting some friends in Poland and we drove from Warsaw to Gdańsk via Trabbi. The car is obviously underpowered, and with 4 people in the car, it's almost quicker to walk. What should be a 5 1/2 hour drive, took 8-9. Fill-ups also take a little longer because you have to mix the oil with the gas. Polish highways aren't the most sophisticated, and some of the asphalt ones we were on had 2 grooves in each lane caused by the summer heat and the wheels of all the heavy trucks. These grooves made steering the car very difficult. Also, we were passed by every truck on the road and sometimes honked at.

On top of that, Jaho, the owner of the Trabbi (the one standing next to the station attendant), worked with mentally challenged children. He let a few of them do paintings on the car. (didn't have a digital camera back then, or even a good camera, so I had to scan the photo.)

My initial reaction when I learned that were taking the Trabbi, and then again once I saw it, was WTF!? Yes the Trabbi is a complete POS, but I'm still glad I got to experience it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. cheddah

cheddah Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    VW 1100cc? rental car in the 80's in europe. Tried to use a higher gear (3rd) to go around 90 degree corners and it understeered terribly. On the other hand, it sure felt secure on the Autobahn, not twitchy at all at 90 mph

10. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    No wonder Detroit is bankrupt.

11. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Dodge Caliber New out of the box media car that couldn't pass it's own shadow on a hill

Dodge Sebring Convertible Same new out of a box media car that was one of the most awful hardtop/drop top's I have ever seen

12. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    I had the experience of the 'upgraded' Mercury Bobcat, easily the worst car I've ever driven. As a teenager though, it moved, had a seat, and paid for by my folks. Took about a month before this car went back to the dealer forever, for a full credit trade-in.

13. Freelander

Freelander Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2007
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Travis R.
    I've driven 2 early 90's Dodge Rams, both of which where dang near impossible to keep on the road. It would have been easier to keep a boat on wheels between those lines. You're always worried about running off the road in these things. Do not like to drive 'em.

14. Jimbo49

Jimbo49 Formula 3

Aug 5, 2004
    Geelong, Australia
    Full Name:
    James
    Hrmm, I drove a Hyndai getz - the handling was downright scary. Lots of body roll and poor braking performance. Don't try stopping from 110km/h quickly in one of these...
    I've also driven an E30 bmw 323i coupe. Very sloppy, barely any power whatsoever, just a very general vague steering feel. Also your usual stuff like ford lasers. I once drove a holden commonwhore that had cut springs and several blocks of concrete in the boot which according to the owner was "helping the springs settle in"
    His response to why he cut the springs was "Why waste your money on a set of lowered and re-engineered springs, The lowered spring manufacturers are ripping people off, and cutting them was a great experience"
    when I told him that he was risking damage to suspension, steering components, damage to his underbody, aswell as guards, and inner guard didn't seem to phase him. Well needless to say i've not been in the car since.