paint shop | FerrariChat

paint shop

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by jsanocki, May 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    Can anyone recommend a decent body shop in the NJ/PA area? Further away would work if they come with high recommendations.

No, no, its not a Ferrari, or a crash, but rather the need for a paint job on an older car to "spruce it up". I don't want to spend a hugh amount of money, since the car isn't worth it, but I also don't want to go to Maaco for the $195 "Presidential Special"!!!!

Remain the same color, so no door jambs or under hood to worry about....

2. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Karosserie. 610-279-8925. They will paint what ever you like.

3. Rafienva

Rafienva Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2004
    North Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Ralph(Rafi) Cestero
    Al's Ultimate Auto Body, Rt 33 Freehold , NJ 732.938.3249
    Excellent paint work. He has done customs also.

4. stavri

stavri Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    Bucks County, PA
    forget Karosserie. Unless you want to spend 20x the cars value. They do nice work though!

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

That might be a slight exaggeration. They certainly aren't cheap but they do excellent work.

Cavallo is an option, although, like Karosserie, I don't think they're a squirt an go kind of paint shop.

D

6. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I have used both.

I wouldn't let anyone besides Karosserie go near my Ferrari or any other car that I truly adore, but they are really operating on another level. Simply amazing. However, from your post, it sounds like they may be a too expensive for what you are trying to do, but keep them in mind if you ever need something done to perfection. The attention to detail is just amazing. I would put Cavallo on the tier below them, along with Classic Coachworks in West Chester. Both are excellent and competitively priced, but you are still probably going to be looking at around 3-5 grand at least to do a repaint (total guesstimate).

If you are looking for decent, all of these places are way overqualified, but from my personal experience, you would be very happy with the results from any of them!

7. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    Thank you for all the input. I will make some calls next week to try to get some "guessestimates" on the cost. Again, this isn't a Ferrari, car probably is only worth 15k, so putting a 5k paint job makes no sense.