How do I get my thighs leaner and smaller? | FerrariChat

How do I get my thighs leaner and smaller?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Bronzage, May 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    I am very active person play a lot of basket ball and have been shedding the fat for the past 1 year. I have dropped a considerable amount of weight due to a good balanced diet (low carb) and a regular gym routine (lots of cardio, light weights, high reps, varied routine, and consistent hours). over the past few month I have struggled to reduce my buttock and thighs. when I was younger I used to play a lot of football (soccer) so at 5'10 I have a stocky frame but have recently started getting a good leaner look. But I just cant seem to reduce my thighs and ass.

What can I do? What should I focus on? I dont want to add muscle, I want to shrink my ass and thigh size.

Please advise?

MJ

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Once your body fat % is low, there's not much you can do. It's simple genetics you have to thank.

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Wear immobilizers on both legs for 3 months.

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Try my patented Home Liposuction Kit.

On sale now for only $39.99 in 3 easy payments!

5. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    You're not likely to shrink the size of your legs / butt without some degree of increased muscle mass. Spot fat reduction (short of liposuction) is largely a myth - not saying there aren't ways to do it, but from an aerobic perspective, it's so unlikely, it's nearly impossible.

Realize also that resistance training (whether weight lifting, etc) will have aerobic effect as well as anaerobic, so to me that's your best bet.

6. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Am not that lean. Still fat in those areas, but my muscle build up is quick...i just want to reduce the size. What would a normal person do to trim those areas?

7. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    In the world of fat/weight loss, there really aren't shortcuts. Eat less, exercise more. Keep
    doing what you're doing and you'll get there. I went through the same thing in 1999-2000,
    and trust me - there aren't any shortcuts. LOTS of cardio, and eat right.

Just my 2 Oreos,

Jedi

8. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    +1

Watch what you eat and get on top of the cardio and you'll lose the fat, after that there's not much you can do with regards to making muscles considerably smaller.

9. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Perhaps your legs will shrink in size after a few months of carrying around less weight?

10. joba

joba Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    NY
    Sounds like you are doing great. Just keep it up, its a life style. Make sure you are eating enough, 5 - 6 times a day. That will keep your metabolism burning more fat. Just keep it clean, Lots of water , cardio ! Good Luck.

11. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    You need to provide less nutrition to your body to make your body consume the fat stores. I didn't say eat less, just eat foods with less energy content...carrots, lettuce, radish, zucchini, miso soup, apples, lots of water when you are hungry, ice chips, etc., to fool your body so you don't go into starvation mode, but at the same time force it to metabolize the fat stores. Look up zero calorie foods. Don't do it in excess, though. Just change the proportions around.

12. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Funny you mention ice chips. Ice isn't good for your teeth. But damn I like to chew on it.

13. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    Yeah, ice lowers the core temperature which slows down digestion which keeps the hunger at bay for a little bit longer. I wouldn't overdo any of this. Just eat lots of salads and zero calorie foods and keep exercising and the fat should melt away.

14. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Eating too much ice will lower the temperature of your stomach too much. It's not a big deal, but it will give you a pretty good stomachache.

15. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Wanna trade? My ankles are the same size as my wrists, my arms are bigger than my calves (never work my arms, work my calves almost daily), and my ass is basically just an extension of my back (despite me being able to squat well over 300lbs). I'm so disproportionate, it's not even funny.

Genetics, what a ***** she is.