New FCA Track Day POSSIBLE in August CAST YOUR VOTE! | FerrariChat

New FCA Track Day POSSIBLE in August CAST YOUR VOTE!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by EvanF, May 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EvanF

EvanF Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Vaughan
    Everyone, We may be able to put on another Ferrari Club Track Day, if there is enough commitment for the day. I'm looking at August 24th. However the proviso is that I do need Ferrari and Maserati owners to send me Emails telling me that they can come. I do plan some improvements for our days. The first is to add another run session for the VIA group in the afternoon. There are also a few logistics improvements that will come as I now have more volunteers to help out. Last one was a bit thin on helpers! I have another sponsor and I have made some inroads in my campaign to attract independent Ferrari service providers to come in with their customers in my "mini-paddock" program. This is a nice way to have your own service people at the track with you. Please send me notes on who services your car and I will call them and see if they are interested in coming out. For now, I really need to know if there is enough interest to confirm that we will take the day.

Best regards,

Evan Friedman, Track Chair
    FCA East and Central Canada Region

2. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sounds great to me....Go for it.

3. Bones2U

Bones2U Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    Ontario
    I'm in and will help organize it or help at the track if you need it.

4. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    I am in!!

5. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Now there's an idea! Evan, if you need help at the track i'm in. I don't have a car yet...but at least I can maybe do something :D

Cheers,

6. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Count me in ... :)

7. SHEMM

SHEMM Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    ILIO
    I'm in ! - best to send Evan PM too

8. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    I will be absolutely in but please don't schedule it on Aug 29/30 for a event conflict - thx.

9. EvanF

EvanF Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Vaughan
    Anyone who may be interested in helping at the track can send me an Email and let me know about what they can do. I'm sure we can find something fun.

Evan

10. EvanF

EvanF Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Vaughan
    We're doing pretty well with the interest level. We currently have 21 people expressing interest in attending our proposed August 24th track event. I'd like to see another 9 cars. Please send me a note, if you're thinking about coming. It looks like we'll have the Scuderia back and an Enzo. I've been working on having an interesting (significant) car brought up for show,as well. I'll have more on that as things gel. I'm working on introducing stations with interesting activities, like the detailing workshop, skid pad, slalom, threshold braking exercises, and some others. Everyone can visit these stations throughout the day. We've got at least one new vendor, and I'm working on bringing in more. As said, VIA will have one afternoon run, following lunch. Ideally, I'd like to wrap up registering the day next week, if possible, so please let's get some more people on board. I need to be sure we have enough people before I commit to the day. We'll need some time to build an outstanding day. I want to build on our last day and bring in some better features.

Evan