SAFETY BELTS FOR SCUD | FerrariChat

SAFETY BELTS FOR SCUD

Discussion in '360/430' started by GCP, May 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GCP

GCP Rookie

Jan 18, 2009
    Columbia, SC, USA
    Full Name:
    Gary C. Pennington
    #1 GCP, May 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am used to a 5/6 point safety harness while racing. When taking the SCUD to the track, I find that without such belts, I am simply moving around in the car too much with using the standard seat belt. My left foot gets numb from using it to brace myself in the turns. The SCUD in the printed literature shows Ferrari Belts, at least a 5 point harness. My Dealer says Ferrari does not sell these belts in the US. My question, has anybody been able to purchase these or any saftey belts, and how did you install them? Thanks in advance for your input on this issue.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jj525

jj525 Karting

Feb 8, 2009
    Virginia, Florida
    You can buy them from Ricambi and have them installed at FCI or a good Ferrari shop.

3. GCP

GCP Rookie

Jan 18, 2009
    Columbia, SC, USA
    Full Name:
    Gary C. Pennington
    Thanks. What modifications to the car if any are required for the installation? Just looking a the car, on the surface, it does not appear to be preped for such an install. As to FCI, they really were no help on the issue when I bought the car, thus my resort to this forum. Based on your comments, i may inquire a second time directly with the service department.

4. stradleboy

stradleboy Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    FCI cannot say much on it because of the legal liabilities. Ferrari does not offer the 5 and 6 point harnesses in the US because the government will not allow them. I would talk to Daniel at Ricambi I am sure he can take care of you.

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    If you don't have a 5 hole seat you can still use an aftermarket 6 pt harness rigged up parachute style and solve your problem.